Tracker Pro 40 problem

EricMorton

Cadet
Today I got my boat out of storage. I put the muffs on it and started it up. It ran fine and pumped water. After 25-30 minutes it quit squirting water. I am assuming the water pump went out. I am no boat mechanic, I took the hose off that the water comes out of and it was clear. The power unit was hot to the touch so I shut it off and did not try to start it again. Can someone point me in the right direction for a water pump kit? The serial number is OG184736.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Doesn't make sense to me that you would be doing what you said and all of a sudden the impeller becomes inoperable, espscially with forced water pressure from the muffs aiding in the pressure......I assume you had adequate water pressure defined as the faucet opened all the way and water streaming out from all around the muffs before you started the engine.

On your tell tale, where does it originate? Water jacket or output of the tstat. Pull yours stat and check it for proper opening in a pan of water. The bottom of the pellet is stamped with the opening temperature.....should be around 122 to 143 F. Otherwise some crud may have become dislodged and clogged something.

At what engine speeds were you running during your 30 minute run?

EricMorton

Cadet
I had plenty of water pressure. Most of the time it was just running at idle. I too thought it was odd that it quit squirting after running for that long