Toung Jack Maint.

NateCCIE

Seaman Apprentice
I have a fulton toung jack on my trailer (for a 25' cuddy cabin. I don't know how to do an maintanence on it. It's gotten a little sticky in some spots. I tried taking the cap of to see if there was a easy way to grease it but I broke the cap and all I see is gears in there with grease on them.<br /><br />What to do?

Realgun

Commander
Re: Toung Jack Maint.

You only need to greas the sides. right above the support plates. basically where the handle goes into the body. Says to use a needle to grease with automtive grease.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know about official scheduled maintenance, but I like to occasionally (once every 5 years??) pull the cap of (without breaking it), and work a fingerfull of grease into those gears you found. Beyond that I occasionally coat the whole thing in WD 40, especially in the offseason, to keep surface rust at bay.<br /><br />Otherwise, they're relatively cheap...if you're having real problems with it, just replace.

NateCCIE

Seaman Apprentice

Can't replace mine, built right into the toung. So I'll just get a needle nose grease fitting and squrit some in there, and spread it on the post.<br /><br />Thanks for all the replies.<br /><br />-Nate