Tough Mudder

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander
Anyone ever done one of these? I'm training for one in April with a few friends... I want to know what to expect!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Tough Mudder

Z,, could you maybe expain what Tough Mudder is? Honestly, I haven't heard this term before...Thanks....SS

southkogs

Staff member

Geeze Zop! - that's like an IronMan and Man vs. Wild jammed together. The only thing missing is wild animals chasing you ...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Geeze Zop! - that's like an IronMan and Man vs. Wild jammed together. The only thing missing is wild animals chasing you ...

Okay, now I know. My thoughts was a tough truck and mud race combined.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

my boss's wife runs the tough mudder annually. thats the extent of what I know.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, Bob, that's tough mudder on steroids... :eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Zopp - You better start training in Rocky mode - up and down the Art Museum steps til your legs fall off.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Best of luck to ya, zopperman!!! Train hard. Stay strong!!!

"Sua Sponte"

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Zopp - You better start training in Rocky mode - up and down the Art Museum steps til your legs fall off.
Best of luck to ya, zopperman!!! Train hard. Stay strong!!!

"Sua Sponte"

Thanks guys. I've been training really since March after I started getting over being sick. It would be such an accomplishment to just finish!!

and VH, yes, to each his own... even if he is crazy :eek:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Tough Mudder is an adventure sports company that hosts 10-12 mile endurance event obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie that are billed as ?probably the toughest event on the planet" and regularly attract 15-20,000 participants over a two day weekend.?[1]

Tough Mudder events are a new type of team endurance challenge. According to the New York Times, the events are ?more convivial than marathons and triathlons, but more grueling than shorter runs or novelty events (for example, Warrior Dash courses are 3-4 miles[2], while Tough Mudder courses are 10-12 miles).?[3] Contestants are not timed and organizers encourage 'mudders' to demonstrate teamwork by helping fellow participants over difficult obstacles to complete the course. The prize for completing a Tough Mudder challenge is an official orange sweatband and a free beer.[1] It is estimated that 15-20% of participants do not finish[1]. Each event is designed to be unique and incorporates challenges and obstacles that utilize the local terrain. Tough Mudder is the only adventure challenge to receive an A+ review from Travlete.[4

oops!

Supreme Mariner

after reading this.......and watching the death race vid........

GO ZOP !

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

after reading this.......and watching the death race vid........

GO ZOP !

hahaha thanks oops. I woke up at 830 to train.. it's going to be a great few months getting in shape!! :eek:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys. I've been training really since March after I started getting over being sick. It would be such an accomplishment to just finish!!

and VH, yes, to each his own... even if he is crazy :eek:
If you're refering to "Sua Sponte", it doesn't really mean "to each his own..." It's the sloagan of United States Army Rangers. It means "Of Their Own Accord" Translated literally, it means "Of one's own accord". Rangers do nothing individually.;)

Train hard and stay strong.

"Surrender is not a Ranger word..."

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

If you're refering to "Sua Sponte", it doesn't really mean "to each his own..." It's the sloagan of United States Army Rangers. It means "Of Their Own Accord" Translated literally, it means "Of one's own accord". Rangers do nothing individually.;)

Train hard and stay strong.

"Surrender is not a Ranger word..."

I guess my latin is a bit off ;) Thanks though. I've been training like 5 days a week (it's hard to do around classes) but it would be a huge accomplishment just to finish for me... I've mentioned it a few times in passing on the forums but I've been really sick for a while and last summer I really started getting on the up and up and getting healthy again.. I went from 115 to 150 pounds over the course of the last 6 months and I've been exercising a lot.. It's not a race, but just a test of accomplishment :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

My buddies and I have been kicking this one around for a few years now...

The overseas plane ticket and other $$$ involved has sorta blocked us from making it happen.

Tough Mudder for 2012?

Yup, I'm in:D