? top three movies of all time

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
my top three are: <br /><br />#1 forrest gump<br />#2 shawshank redemption<br />#3 a tie between jaws and oceans eleven

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: ? top three movies of all time

#1 Shawshank Redemption<br />#2 Close Encounters of the Third Kind<br />#3 Trading Places

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

the original 1978 Superman, especially remastered - first time I watched it was in an old theater that had punched up the stereo to dolby on steriods ... OLD theater, ONE screen, and if you remember Superman opening, it was with a projected movie curtain ... the identical curtain was IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN ... <br /><br />making the same sqeaking noise as the one on the screen!!!! too wild! and that score, and the effects, and kent played to perfection by reeve ..<br /><br />Lois getting rescued for the first time ... youve got me?? whos got you! ah, the audience clapping for five minutes it seems from that one, that helicopter DID look like it was going to smash right into you, what a great movie<br /><br />Jaws ... I love the cynical Quint reacting to Hooper (Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss HATED each other, the tension showed)<br /><br />Somewhere in Time ... yeah yeah, I know, reeve again, but the star here is that haunting music and the gorgeous Mackinaw Island, the Grand Hotel, hey the whole island is Victorian age, 80% or so they say<br /><br />one neat trick ... in the end, reeve is grieving, wasting away ... he pumped up for superman, gaining about 40 pounds of muscle ... it looks like he dropped down to about 170 (note: bear in mind he is a wide boned six foot four guy, this isnt tom cruise or some other little gnat dropping pounds!) shooting the end of this one, he looks gaunt, really bad, but watch the movie, youll love it<br /> :D :D :D :D

Homerr

Commander

That's kind of a tough one without breaking it down...Sci-Fi, Action, Drama, etc...<br /><br />I'm a Sci-Fi nut myself...Helps escape this reality once in a while.<br /><br />H.

JJ57103

Seaman

1. The Usual Suspects (if you haven't seen this film, you are definately missing out)<br /><br />2. Cool Hand Luke (all time classic)<br /><br />3. The Rookie (avid baseball fan)

Skinnywater

Commander

True Grit, Kelly's Hero's, Lonesome Dove.<br /><br />Here's an obscure movie I think about often.<br />Always..........that's the name of it. It has John Goodman, Margo Kidder? and Richard Dreyfuss<br />It was about these firebomber pilots............<br /><br />I'm looking forward to that new Western with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.<br /><br />Dances With Wolves was a good'n too.<br />Battle of Midway...............Silence of the Lambs.......Doctor Strangelove, with Slim Whitman riding the H bomb.........Another Mini series, Shogun...................Little Big Man............<br /><br />OK, OK, I'm outa here.......... :)

Ralph 123

Captain

1) The Godfather<br />2) The Godfather II<br />3) Patton<br /><br />************<br /><br />Other unforgettables not already mentioned:<br /><br />Ben-Hur, the Ten Commandments, Gandhi, Full Metal Jacket, Apocolypse Now, Goodfellas, On the Waterfront, Lawrence of Arabia, Rocky, Scarface, Unforgiven, Braveheart, Citizen Kane.... so many!

magster65

Commander

Good, the bad and the ugly.<br />Terminator(s).<br />American Grafitti.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dances With Wolves<br />The African Queen<br />Gone With The Wind

ratltrap

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Outlaw Josey Wales :cool: <br />Star Wars--All of 'em<br />Then,in no 'ticular order,more<br />Westerns,Sci-Fi & Action movies<br />& o'course Movies w/ <br />Beeuuuteeeful girls w/ very little clothin' :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Alien<br />Alien2<br />Alien Resurrected.<br /><br />What else? :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Braveheart<br />Gladiator<br />Lord of the rings

Homerr

Commander

Sci-Fi picks:<br /><br />1. LORD OF THE RINGS<br />2. STAR WARS<br />3. INDIANA JONES TRILOGY<br />4. BACK TO THE FUTURE<br />STAR TREK MOVIES (except last few..they stunk)<br />ALIEN PT. 2<br />TERMINATOR 2 (pt. 3 wash a total wash...good thing I seen it for free)<br /><br />DRAMA:<br /><br />I avoid drama movies...Too much 'touchy-feely' stuff! <br /><br />ACTION:<br /><br />Hmmm...Have to think on that one.<br /><br />SAVING PRIVATE RYAN<br />APOLLO 13<br />PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN (was excellent)<br />GETTYSBURG<br /><br />FAMILY:<br /><br />LION KING<br />ICE AGE (love that squirrel)<br />SHREK<br />MONSTERS INC.<br /><br />My all time favorite? <br /><br />QUEST FOR FIRE<br /><br />I'm not sure which category it falls into.<br /><br />H.

SoulWinner

Commander

The Dualists<br />In Harms Way<br />and any movie made in Canada

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Shane, The Quiet Man (All John Wayne Movies), Walking Tall Series, Rudy, The Great Train Robbery, Brian's Song, Home from the Hills, Shanendoah, and Old Yeller (Cause I lived it). <br /><br />Rest in peace, Blade and Brock!<br /><br />GodsBeast

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

Shawshank Redemption<br />Oceans Eleven<br />Bio-Dome

Ralph 123

Captain

Why do so many of you think Shawshank is one of the top 3 ever? Somebody has got to explain it to me. I really liked the movie too, but top 3 ever?<br /><br />Skinnywater - every time I see your handle I think of the movie Unforgiven..."he should have armed himself." :D <br /><br />GodsBeast - Rudy is a definite top 10<br /><br />SW - Harm's way is classic - "another fast ship sailing into harm's way" What is the Dualist? Do you mean the shootist Wayne's last film?<br /><br />Homerr - You may hate me for this, but Lord of the Rings was the worst movie I ever saw. I almost cried 2 hours in when I realized there was a whole hour left to it... sorry man...<br /><br />SBN - You can't get much better than SW in a tank-tee now can you?

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i think the better question is why doesnt anyone think forrest gump ranks up there. :D <br />shawshank was an awsome movie, great story, & great acting. i guess the best thing about it was the story.<br />i can think of alot of other great movies that i think are worthy of a high ranking.<br />pulp fiction.<br />castaway.<br />rainman.

Homerr

Commander

Well Ralph,<br /><br />I grew up reading Lord Of The Rings, so you can understand. It has many books as you know.<br /><br />I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. I think you are the only one I heard of that didn't!<br /><br />You have my curiosity....What didn't you like about it?<br /><br />H.