Toon speed record !!!

The Rooster

Ensign
I think Brad Rowland just broke his old record w/ a 114 mph pass at Lake of the Ozarks on his triple tube party barge. Anybody confirm this? :eek:

TurboM700

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Toon speed record !!!

Dam thats impressive got there fast too!!!!

And to think that all I want is mine todo 50mph with the new motor.

Mike

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That is just crazy, I was running 53 at our boat show on a 25' tri with a 8.2 big block I/O and that was flying, can't imagine more than twice that.

He would have to be running custom tubes with extra baffles, you would think they would collapse otherwise.

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

One hell of a lot better than the 24.6 mph my Party Barge gets going downhill ;)

adam98

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought a 97 24' Lowe ski barge with a 150 v6 rude and it easily hit 45mph this weekend with 5 people and 1/2 tank 30 gal. A generator and what not. And it's over proped... Only hit 4500rpm. I'm thinking my party boat can plane and hit 50mph with a prop and a diet. I was happy to see the 150hp on back when I showed up to buy it able to test drive it on the lake. I Was shocked how fast it was

TurboM700

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a 97 24' Lowe ski barge with a 150 v6 rude and it easily hit 45mph this weekend with 5 people and 1/2 tank 30 gal. A generator and what not. And it's over proped... Only hit 4500rpm. I'm thinking my party boat can plane and hit 50mph with a prop and a diet. I was happy to see the 150hp on back when I showed up to buy it able to test drive it on the lake. I Was shocked how fast it was

How are you measuring this speed?

I'm not calling BS on this but 45mph out of a 24' boat with a 150 just doesn't seem right. Special with it being a 97 I imagine its a 2 toon with no lifting strakes.

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's crazy, I think I'd be a little nervous at that speed on a pontoon. Something going that fast with something that has a "wind tunnel" underneath it with a deck that would just trap a pocket of air.

Chris

adam98

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ill do a GPS speed check but even the manual says with optional 150hp to expect 40mph +
This is a slight v bottom aluminium pontoon boat . So it does plane.

Also age of motor has nothing to do with performance, on my fishing boat my 89 xr4 merc blackmax is under rated from factory to beat competitors motors in the old 150 maximum rating fishing days. 150's started at 2.0L then 2.4l then 2.5L...! More motor and same 150 sticker. My 150 out runs a 200 merc. All day that my friend has. It even has high perf. Small gear case that will grenade if mid used all in name of perf. And a few extra mph. How you ask? Higher quality materials and lower overhead. No lawyer to see about printing a sticker or focus groups.
Why did a hemi from the 60's have more power then today? And chevy big block was great, but not new ones... They are choked up. Of course they were not worried about fuel mileage but the were strong and stay strong

One last note. I had a v4 115 rude with 2000hrs on it that ran as good as new, with no major service ever performed, even impeller was 15 yr old.

joebob14

Petty Officer 2nd Class

[slight vbottom aluminium pontoon boat] I wonder if someone is confused about the difference between a pontoon boat and a deck boat