Tohatsu M40C Carburetor

Diesel23

Recruit
Hi all,

Firstly just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone on here. All the past threads have been so helpful however Ive reached a point where Im stuck and gotta start annoying you all.

Ive got a 2 cylinder Tohatsu 2 stroke 40hp outboard (M40C, I think) Im unsure of the year. I've had problems with getting it to idle. From reading through all past threads Ive pinpointed that it my instance it is carb related.

Ive dismantled the carb, blown it all out with a compressor and it is currenly soaking in carb cleaner. I've also got a carb rebuild kit on its way.

I was just wondering if someone would please be able to give me the adjustments of all the screw settings for the carb and just clarify which screw is which and what it adjusts.

I also want to but a service manual for my outboard, any recommendations? I was going to buy a Clymer manual but from what I hear they are fairly uselss

thanks for your time

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu M40C Carburetor

I would recommend the Factory service manual, available from and Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me. That will have all the initial settings for the carbs.

Diesel23

Recruit

I asked about a service manual at my local tohatsu dealer and they were no help at all.

How much do you sell them for? Would you post it to me in Australia?

pvanv

Admiral

You could ask them if they could get you Part # 003-21035-1 Covers all 1 & 2 cylinder 2-stroke models. US List Price (MSRP): $42.47 Weight is maybe 1 kg, so the postage to the land down under might almost double your cost.