Tohatsu electric start

Joe Kay

Cadet
Is there a kit available to convert a 2016 Tohatsu 5hp from manual start to electric start?
Thanks.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If available would cost easily + 500 bucks, better keep pulling the rope....

Happy Boating

Joe Kay

Cadet
Thanks for the input. The reason for my post was the Owner's Manual for the MFS 4C, 5C, and 6C contains instructions for installing an optional remote control so I thought I'd look into it. It certainly would make trolling for Walleyes easier. It's also listed in the Specifications as an option for those motors. Does that mean the remote control is an option when buying the motor, but not converting a manual start?

pvanv

Admiral
RC box has nothing to do with electric start. Yes, I have re rigged some 4/5/6 motors to Remote, but there is no provision for the flywheel with a ring gear, and no starter motor available.

Joe Kay

Cadet
Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed that electric start was part of the remote control since the instructions in the owner's manual for installing the remote control were followed by instructions for installing the battery. Remember, this is the manual for 4,5,and 6 hp. Why include instructions for installing items that are not available for these motors?

pvanv

Admiral
Because the alternator charges the battery... Alternators are available...