To Sale Or Not To Sale . 16 year love affair

DLB68

Cadet
while working as a truckdriver, hauling crushed cars to a chapparel steel mill in the Dallas area . i hustled my old pete back to arkansas to grab that next load . Upon pulling into the salvage yard i saw and old truck with a trailor loaded full of normal house hold trash . after alot of chatter with the salvage yard owner i had convinced him to sell the boat ( trash and all ) Although he wouldn't sell the trailor which had the tilt ability ,, i was on cloud nine . we loaded the old boat . trash and all on my 45 ft' flatbed and i headed for home , both stacks blowin flames . Filled with anxiety and exitement i wheeled in the driveway at the house and my wife was beside the door of my truck befor i could shut the engine off . 16 years later i can still hear her saying "you aint keepin that junk here " Well i kept it here and i still have a heart warming feeling hearing the old Merc humming as we glide across the waters .. i dont have the time to put the old boat in the water . and the cost of traveling to and from work is gettin worse . i am not driving long haul anymore .Due to a Head on Car wreck during christmas of 2008 . ( i was a passenger in the wreck ) but saw it up close and very personal . here is what the old Traveler looks like today .. give me a thought a ryme or a reason .. always some thing in the boating season ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OxnPFbscTA

Happy Motoring

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: To Sale Or Not To Sale . 16 year love affair

Thats a nice little boat, if you arent going to use it then sell it. But if you think anything might change then keep it... doesnt take up much space, isnt an eyesore, and doesnt take much to keep it up.

Traveler Sport

Recruit
Re: To Sale Or Not To Sale . 16 year love affair

I have a 1955 that needs restoring, it looks almost identical to yours. The rear fin endcaps are slightly different. One of the endcaps on mine has been replaced with a home-made one and is not very good. Do you know of anymore of these boats where I could buy parts? Love your boat, wish mine would be that far along. Are you still interested in selling it?