Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

Hi Bob,

Looks like a good weekend! No matter who's boat, a lake is a lake! Good luck when you get back onto your own! I'm planning a long weekend of foaming and flooring, should be a blast!

When you poured your foam, how runny was it? Should I tilt mine so that it doesn't run along the stringer too far before expanding? I'm planning on doing it in a similar way to you, possibly with small .5-1"tubing laid by the fillet under the plastic for a drain channel. Removed after the foam hardens.

Thanks,
Terry

BobsGlasstream

Commander

tdrudd87,
Sounds like fun. My wife has informed me of several things she wants me to do this weekend, but I will get the deck in if the weather lets me.
As for the foam I started at the back of the boat and worked forward. The foam will be real runny.
I just had the front raised slightly. It wont take much. Just make sure your plank is long enough or your pours are small enough to keep the foam from coming out the end to save on trimming. One more thing check you stringers to make sure they aren't closer at the top or you will have a die lock and not be able to get the foam out.
Good luck and have fun.
Bob

Triton II

Commander

Hey Bob, good to see you had some time out on the lake... looks like a very tranquil place (at least until you fired up the 4.3!). Hope you're OK with the storms etc.

TII

Jacket4life

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bob-

First--Great job on the boat. I have been following along with almost everyone else on here. Very nice work, and I agree with arch, best foam job I've seen!

Second--I am too lazy to try and go back and find it (I've already invested 5-6 hrs. on this thread!) Isn't that the engine that came back from OIklahoma in a boat that was sawed in half (I'm talking about your buddies boat)??? Or is that one of these other guys threads??

Third--- hope you get to splash this summer, can't wait to see pics and vids of yours running across the water!

Best of Luck!

Scott

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Triton II,
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my thread again. That 4.3 did cut up the lake a little. :D

Jacket4life,
Yep, it was this thread for the engine in the half boat. We put the engine in the boat above in post # 614. Had it's first water trials this past weekend.
Thanks for taking the time to read my thread and I hope you enjoyed it.
I really hope folks can get something they can use out of it.
Thanks again.
Bob

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hello folks,
Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. Had some sort of a bug, just a bit under the weather. I did get in some cat naps off and on. Not a great deal of progress on the boat but I did get the ski locker painted and the deck installed. It is PL'ed in and PB around the edges. I will need to get the Grinder out for some of the PB but all in all It's good, and it's not coming back out. :D
IMG00347.jpg

and from the bow.
IMG00348.jpg

Now the deck components to finish will be the gas tank cove which I have cut but need to finish the fit after I get the rest of the deck glassed in completely.
Then I will finish glassing in the motor mounts.
Then I will get to figure out how to flip this beast with only me. That should be a challenge.
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Bob

sprintst

Commander

That's major progress. I haven't turned a screw all week.

That deck is there for the duration.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hi Bob,

Great to see the deck in permanently, she looks real nice.

Bill

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bob,

The deck looks great! Looks like you are a few hours ahead of me, I had to stop last night with the glass on the bottom of my deck hardening. Good luck with more progress!

Terry

tallcanadian

Captain

Looks great, Bob. You do meticulous work. Very nice. I don't think your timid anymore.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

looking good bob...
when your ready to flip her, give me a hollar...me and my neighbor can come down and give you a hand...

keep up the good work,
Dan

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Nice work Bob. I think you need a giant burger flipper....that should do the trick :D

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

Looks Great Bob! Now you can actually walk on a deck:D

Triton II

Commander

Wow Bob, it's been a while since I popped into your resto thread... great progress mate! Looking forward to seeing this one splashed! :D

TII

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Looking great Bob! You may not get a lot of time to work on her, but when you do, you do!!!

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi bob. Very nice work. I like the foam job you did. I'm planning to do mine that way because of your results. I haven't had time to read this thread from the beginning yet. Are you building your own hatch covers? I'm looking at putting three in and was curiuos as to how yours will go in and if you are building them or purchasing them. Thanks, and keep up the nice work.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hello all,
Glad you all took the time to stop by and thanks for the kind words.
The deck is nice to stand on and it is rock solid. I feel less movement in the boat deck then I do in my house.
I plan to build my hatch covers, The ski locker will be a standard teak hatch and the hatch over the gas tank will be 3/4 " plywood. I'm still working on exactly how I will fasten the gas tank hatch in place.
Hey mrdjflores, I may take you up on your offer. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. I bought a 4000# come-along to use, attached to a tree and the front end loader of my compact tractor. Still not sure.
I always open to suggestions. So feel free.
Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate your comments.
Take Care
Bob

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks great Bob...Really coming along!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Thanks fauxmeister,
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.
Bob

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bob, i'll keep watching for your ski locker updates. not sure how i'll do mine yet. I'm considering instead of fighting to make them watertight designing a lip that would drain directly to the bilge. I have some ideas, but not sure how i'm going to do it yet.