Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

robthompson66,
Thanks for the compliments. The funny thing is I came up with the clamps and didn't need them at all, at least not yet.
Thanks again.

archbuilder,
I'm in, if we can come up with one. :p
I got some good news, I got a stay of execution. I was supposed to be in Slovakia on the Jan 25th. Now it doesn't look like I'm going until the end of Feb. I keep hoping. More time on the boat. :D:D
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Bob do you get to keep the frequent flyer miles or does the company take them? If you keep them you should fly up here and help me sand:D. You travel more than anyone I know. At first it seems like it would be nice but when you have a family it would get old real quick. You could start packing some of the small pieces and some polish. That way when you do put it back together all the metal will shine like crazy and you would feel like you were doing something on it.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Well I get to keep my miles but when I come to TN from KY I just drive. I go home every couple weeks. I don't want to move here I love my house in KY and don't want to sell my house. So, I drive.
I have thought about hooking the boat up and dragging it back and fourth but not practical.
Maybe I should get a second one and start it here, Hummmmmm!! :D
Have fun
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Bob, not only would you have the fun of building a second one but when its finished you can leave it there to go out on the water with. Then you can get one for Mexico, and all the other places you travel. you can have your own fleet.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Don't laugh to hard.
I went on CL today and found a 1989 Four wind 19' for $250 south of Nashville,
I'm thinking. :p
Does anyone out there no about the quality of that boat? good or bad?
I would have to find me a place to work on it and more tools too. :p
I hope you are all having a good weekend.
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Buy it. Hell if you dont I will. My wifes family is in Murfreesboro. I could have them keep it till I can get down there and get it. Its only $250. If you arent going to get it let me know

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M,
Check it out. It's It's on CL Nashville 1989 Four winds in Columbia, TN.
$250. I was going to email them, they didn't leave a phone number.
Bob

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

looks like a good project for you. I want my next one to be a cuddy cabin although that is very tempting. Let me know what happens with it.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

SKIBUM1M Re: Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks like a good project for you. I want my next one to be a cuddy cabin although that is very tempting. Let me know what happens with it.

SKIBUM1M,
I'm not sure I can turn it down. It has it's share of problems. I did get to talk to the guy today. The out drive is missing, which may not be bad, it's a OMC but it's a 4.3L. I think I'm going to go look at it later this week.
I really wanted to do a cruiser next myself but the cruiser may have to wait a little while.
Bob

micks110

Master Chief Petty Officer

You guys are nuts:D

BobsGlasstream

Commander

micks110 Re: Timid but determined Glasstream restoration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys are nuts
Yep!!!!!!!!:D:p:cool:

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In my opinion Four Winns are good boats, but they did have that OMC problem when the cobras were out. We had a 92 Candia with a 302 ford and OMC cobra. It was a GREAT boat and had tons of room AND it rode very well too for a kinda V-hull/tri-hull.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Ok Bob 2 days without a post, you need to get the second boat so you can update us more often. I looked at boats areound Nashville and wow there are a ton of them and a few good deals. My CL has about 2 to 5 posts a day under boats.

marty52

Recruit

newly born to boats trying to lay new deck. been reaning forums for some time you guys are pros. i have wet foam wet stingers rotten transom. on your thread its says make sure stringers seat on topof pl not on hull or it may crack what is pl?

BobsGlasstream

Commander

dmarty72@yahoo.com,
First welcome to Iboats, I hope that you will post you restore here with pic's.
PL is a brand of contruction adessive you can find at Home Depot , Lowes or most home centers. It's in a mostly brown tube, you can get small tubes or the larger ones.
Good luck with the restore.
Bob

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hello everyone,
Well, it's done. Look what followed me back to my home in TN.
IMG00242.jpg

It's not a very good pick but I will try to get some better ones for you tomorrow.
I will now have something to play with here. :p:cool::D
One other great thing is my out of pocket was $00000000, I talked to a associate at work and he wanted it and wants me to help him do the work. So you may so see another thread with Four Winns in the Title.
SKIBUM1M,
Your right too, I have been finding a lot of them myself between Nashville and Memphis.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Hey Bob you may have a tent city going at your place pretty soon! Funny how that stuff follows you home....what did you tell the wife? "wow, your right there is a boat behind my truck...that is weird, I wonder how it got there.."

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey archbuilder,
I actually told the truth. It's not mine. I found it and a friend of mine here in TN bought it. I didn't take it to my home, it's at his. I just get to help him rebuild it. That will help with being bored all the time away from home. It's kinda like that travel kit we talked about.
Bob

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Glad to hear you have spread the "boat building infection" :D Can't wait to see his thread!

Friscoboater

Captain

Sweet man. Now If I can just get of the boat that followed me home.