Tilt/trim problem

78twainer

Cadet
So I went to take my boat out for the first time since my last expedition where I was pulling my kid on a tube and on take off I hit a log. 1978 mark twain fish n ski trihull, 1978 115hp evinrude. Everything seemed to work fine after the incident, and prior to goin out Sunday I put the muffs on and it ran great. Trim work great up and down.
Get to river and put starts right up. Everything seems fine. Trim motor up, as it's a heavy boat and won't plane without doing so, and give it the gas and I look back and the motor is slowly working it's way down without me touching controls. Try to get it to go up while in forward to no avail. Where do I start to solve this problem? I really wanna get the kiddos out tubing one last time b4 the season ends.. HELP PLZ!

Alumarine

Captain
I can't help with your tilt/trim problem but the motor should be trimmed in fully to get the boat up on plane quicker.
By in I mean the prop close to the transom. Not away from the transom.

78twainer

Cadet
Oh my... I was thinking backwards... yes ur right. Lol. I had a long day at work. Haha

mr 88

Commander
Is there a oil reservoir for the trim unit that you can check ? Almost sounds like you took out [ nicked ] a hydraulic line when hitting the log and its bled out.