Tilt/trim noise problem.

chutai

Recruit
I have a 84 115 mercury and the power tilt/trim has recently been making a high pitch noise when I turn the battery on. The tilt and trim works fine up and down. The sound seems to come from the tilt/trim. Again, its a high whining sound. It doesn't matter whether I tilt my motor or not, the sound just seem to be there. Any ideas?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Tilt/trim noise problem.

I have a 84 115 mercury and the power tilt/trim has recently been making a high pitch noise when I turn the battery on. The tilt and trim works fine up and down. The sound seems to come from the tilt/trim. Again, its a high whining sound. It doesn't matter whether I tilt my motor or not, the sound just seem to be there. Any ideas?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Until you actually Id the Exact source of the noise, there ain't much We can do for ya,...

RRitt

Captain

check fluid, you could be burning gears.

tilt and trim should not make any noise when you turn the battery on. hydralic steering may but the tilt and trim should not do anything until you push the buttons. remove the cowling and see if noise is coming from under there