Tilt Switch

BugF

Cadet
Is there to be a Tilt Switch on a 1976 - 150hp inline 6 ? The boat does have power tilt & trim , And if so will it cause me no fire ? Just been researchin since first post and was seeing this may be a factor in no fire. Just in case this is seen and you know of any reason for no fire maybe you can offer some support. New Switch Box , New Boat Side Harness, New Batt., And ordered a new Distruibtor Cap " on its way" Have No fire at all . Ran fine last day at lake just died comming back in and has not fired since. Thanks

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt Switch

There is a mercury switch that will kill spark in the motor is tilted up. It is a blue cylinder mounted on the top cowling support and connected to the switchbox. Disconnect it.

That motor must have +12VDC on white and red adjacent wires on the switchbox, in order to have spark.

There is a troubleshooting procedure on the CDIElectronics web site for your ign. I recommend you run it.

BugF

Cadet

There is a mercury switch that will kill spark in the motor is tilted up. It is a blue cylinder mounted on the top cowling support and connected to the switchbox. Disconnect it.

That motor must have +12VDC on white and red adjacent wires on the switchbox, in order to have spark.

There is a troubleshooting procedure on the CDIElectronics web site for your ign. I recommend you run it.

Thank you, yea was working last night when posted. and did print off the troubleshoot guide, headed out now to acess the switch.

BugF

Cadet

Chris hey thanks for help< turned out to be the Dist. Cap , Put new on on yesturday and " FIRE !!! " WooHoo. We hit the lake yesturday and ran good still have a small skip but found that the internal fuel line had a crack in it, Replace it also but was wondering if that would have an effect on the carb adjustments when I had a fella tinker with them. as of now in route for new plugs. Oh seems like we bunr an awfull amount of fuel in the thing . 12 Gal tank anybody got an idea of the type of fuel time I should get from a full tank ? Thanks guys post some pictures of her after clean. Thanks again

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Rule of thumb is 10 of HP/hour. So that motor could burn 15Gal/hour. In reality it will burn about half that under normal cruise. Skiing will obviously use more fuel than cruising.

I had that motor. My fuel tank was 18 gal, and it would last the day. Try feeding fuel to a Merc V6, instead. That inline sips compared to the Vs.