TILT ONLY WIRING DIAGRAM

guardian452

Cadet
Hey guys, last year I purchased the same tilt system for my old '69 85HP Johnson because after 2.5 summers of boating, I was getting really annoyed with manually lifting and lowering this motor. When I first got this system I showed it to a marine mechanic friend of mine and his advice was to install relays to make it easier to install a tilt switch at the helm as well as at the stern, and by "easier" he meant the wiring and switches could be typical/economical marine accessory stuff rather than high current capacity stuff.
Willyclay:
I hope you don't mind, but I'd be most interested in seeing the installation instructions. Except for the diagram on the BRP site, and Joe's wiring diagram, I haven't been able to find any other information about this Prestolite system. Although its shown in the diagram, It wasn't obvious to me that this system also includes a mini hydraulic cylinder and linkage behind the tilt bracket for operating the manual tilt lock mechanism. I'll contact you.

Willyclay

Captain
Willyclay: I hope you don't mind, but I'd be most interested in seeing the installation instructions. Except for the diagram on the BRP site, and Joe's wiring diagram, I haven't been able to find any other information about this Prestolite system. Although its shown in the diagram, It wasn't obvious to me that this system also includes a mini hydraulic cylinder and linkage behind the tilt bracket for operating the manual tilt lock mechanism. I'll contact you.

guardian452, PM received and email sent with tilt system info as requested. Hope it helps!