thunderbolt iv conversion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverboy460

Seaman Apprentice
i removed all stock parts. new mallory ylm624av magnetic breakerless electronic distributor new 12v marine coil installed. removed stock distributor,coil and ignition module that mounted to back of distributor. boat runs better now. have not had it in the water yet. my ? now is the shift interupt is now not hooked up to ignition system will it still shift in and out of gear in the water? in shifts fine on trailer. thanks for reply
matt

P.S. sorry forgot to say its a 1993 blue water 22' marque with a 5.7 liter alpha one gen 2 mercruiser set up. thanks

Last edited:

meesh

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: thunderbolt iv conversion ?

If it's not hooked up it will shift fine on the trailer, no load on it. But if it's not hooked up it will not shift when in the water.

riverboy460

Seaman Apprentice
Re: thunderbolt iv conversion ?

how do i hook it up then if im not running the stock ignition module anymore. all my mallory distributor has coming out of it now is a red, green and brown wire. brn goes to an engine ground and red to neg and gren to positve of coil. any help is appreciated. can i just run the white and grn tracer wire off the shift interupt switch straight to the coil negative and have it work all the time? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.