those canvas tent things for front of boat

capecliff

Cadet
Am buying a 22 foot Key West Center Console. Have seen a few pictures of some canvas devices that sort of make a nice enclose for the front of the boat. Thinking of getting one for my wife to get out of the sun occasionally. But where do you get these?<br />Searched but could not find any on the web beyond basic biminis tops. ANyone know any companies that offer photos on the web?<br /><br />Thanx

DP

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: those canvas tent things for front of boat

Try www.millscanvas.com <br />They are in Greenport, NY and have made canvas for Boston Whalers for years. Their quality is great and they will build custom canvas for most any boat.<br />Other than that shop around at local canvas makers.

JRJ

Commander

Congrats on your new boat! What engine? Any good canvas shop will have ideas and be able make whatever you and wife can agree on. Make sure you get stainless steel snaps etc. Alum. won't last long in saltwater use, at least mine didn't.

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got my 2220 Key West in May and love it. If you get the front enclosure please post picture and give details. I am also interested in such a item, but am curious on how it will look and function.

mako

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here in RI we call them Bow Dodgers. Had one on my 20 ft. Ocean Scout. It came with the boat and looked decent. Had about 4 foot of head clearance and I got much use out of it when the weather wasn't very cooperative. The one on this boat was about 7 ft. long and it was nice to duck into to get out of the cold and with a sleeping bag it was great for naps when the fishing got slow on those long overnighters!

capecliff

Cadet

I still can't find a web site or manufacturer with good photos. Most of them are these strange looking bod dodgers and spray hoods for sailboats, not center console power boats. ANy clues?