This is it folks!

Carphunter

Commander
For many of you that "know" me, you know that i've been working with a friend of mine doing guided hunts here in Indiana. Well, my friend also runs a small fabrication shop and he wants me to work with him full-time. Part-time doing fab work, and part-time doing guide work. I've been contemplating this move for over a year now, and today is the day I give my notice at my current job. This is a dream come true for me. A little sad though 'cause i've been at my job for 17 years. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I can't pass up.<br />All the guides got together this past Friday and traveled to the NWTF convention in Nashville, (Opryland hotel). I think I met every famous hunter on television. Well, we convinced Ronnie "Cuz" Strickland to book a hunt with us. He's sending his television crew down to film a couple of hunts, and put it on their T.V. show, and their next DVD. I get the honors of being the guide for one of these hunts. They're even gonna put my ugly mug on film and let me talk! :p <br />Anyway, didn't mean to be so long winded.<br /> I Guess this explains why I haven't been around here much.<br /><br />I'll keep checkin in from time to time, especially when the Cardinals win the championship! :D <br /><br />(Sorry Tylerin, all of our gerbil hunts are booked up for the year). :p

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: This is it folks!

huge congrats carphunter!!!!!!!!<br /><br />takes resolve and guts to persue dreams.......best to ya!

gaugeguy

Captain

You are in trouble now Carp, cause I watch the Mossy Oak show with "Cuz". So if they put you on the tube I am gonna see your ugly mug ;) <br /><br />Did you get to meet Walter Parrot? He is the turkey god to me. I watched him win the turkey calling world championship a few years ago, absolutely amazing the sounds he can make.<br /><br />Best of luck Carpy, knock em dead :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Put the good word in for the GG with those guys ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Well GG, I didn't meet Walter Parrot. I did meet, D!ck Kirby, Preston Pittman, Mark and Terry Drury, Micheal Waddell, Mark Scroggins, Harold Knight, David Hale, and numerous fella's I recognized, but couldn't remember their names.<br />I spent probably 1/2 an hour talkin to "Cuz". Nicest fella you could ever meet. He wanted to come hunt with us even before we offered.<br />I'm sure they will do some serious "air-brushing" before they put me on the tube. :p <br /><br />I'm just darn lucky to have some of the friends that I have. GOD sure has blessed me. :) <br /><br />Anyway, if you hear the name "Bosler Farms", then thats who i'll be guiding for.<br /><br />pjc, Thanks for the well wishes, I really do appreciate it.

gaugeguy

Captain

I've heard "Cuz" is an awesome guy to talk with, bout as "down-home" as a guy can get. Harold Knight is another one of those guys I'd love to sit and talk huntin with, just a wealth of information. <br /><br />Good for you Carp, I am happy for ya (and a little jealous) ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Good Luck with the new venture Carp!<br />Sounds like a great opportunity - I'm happy for ya!

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Congratulation!! When can I go hunting with you? :D ;) :D

gonfishn

Commander

Thats great CarpHunter..Once you burn that bridge behind you there is no turning back..Always look ahead..There is no doubt you will succeed CP..<br /><br />I did it a few moths ago..I have no regrets..I know in the future we all will be seeing ya on TV.<br />Don't forget us little guys..Only problem is who is going to keep tabs on Tylerin now that you aren't here :D

Carphunter

Commander

Hey GF, I would never leave my good buddies here at iboats! I will continue to visit this site regularly. (I can hear everybody groaning now). :p <br /><br />I hardly think i'm gonna be a famous hunter on television. I just love to hunt, and now I get paid a little money to take others hunting. Its like someone paying me to sleep. :D <br /><br />Hows your venture going there GF?<br /><br />Thanks for the support fella's.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />Its like someone paying me to sleep. :D
Well, I would be a millionaire by now if that was the case. :D <br /><br />Good luck Carpy. :cool:

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "Congratulations Carphunter"<br />Keep us posted with a date that the show with you and Ronnie Strickland will be on TV!!!! ;) :cool:

oddjob

Commander

They're even gonna put my ugly mug on film and let me talk! <br />Anyway, didn't mean to be so long winded.<br />
We let you...I mean you jus talk man!..why dont you put your ugly mug up on here so we'll know how to look for?....(Bwauk!...buac...bk!,bk! bk! , bk! bk!....= best chicken call) :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> Thats great CarpHunter..Once you burn that bridge behind you there is no turning back..Always look ahead..There is no doubt you will succeed CP..<br /><br />I did it a few moths ago..I have no regrets..
I too am putting the final things together as we speak to do some Bass guiding on my home lake this summer. I know you have already been guiding, but this is my first time. Its a little un-nerving thinking about the first trip.<br /><br />Congratulations, and maybe Ill see ya on TV.

Carphunter

Commander

Hows it goin Lube!<br /><br />I know exactly how you feel. Actually, last year was my first year turkey guiding, and I was really nervous. Its different when you hunt, (or fish), for yourself, but when someone is depending on you, and theres money involved, it raises the stakes a little. I don't know if you were asking for it, but a little advice from me is, don't worry about it. I had been turkey hunting for over twenty years, and I just let my experience "guide" me. I just hunted the way I would if I was by myself. By Gods grace, everyone bagged a turkey.<br /><br />I'm sure if your considering guiding on your home lake, then you know that lake really well, and you won't have any problems at all. I don't know about guiding people to fish, but let me tell ya, the fella's I guided turkey hunting gave great tips, and they really showered the guides with praise. A couple of fella's were near tears when they bagged their first turkey after many years of hunting. Its really special for me to be a part of that. Experiences I will never forget. <br /><br />Good luck to ya Lube.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> I'm sure if your considering guiding on your home lake, then you know that lake really well, and you won't have any problems at all.
Actually I have fished the Lakes Im going to guide on for about 35+ years, tournaments and pleasure), and know them like the back of my hand. also I know a lot of history about the area so I have something to talk about when the fishing is slow. Fortunatly I dont have to worry about actually making a living doing this, this is a sideline. I would like to at least break even though. I have vertually "NO" competition, there are no other guides working this area. Contrary to what the local government would like us to think,the economy here is really starting to pick up. My target is mainly retired people and tourists, there is no way anyone local is going to pay anyone to take them fishing. Another interesting thing is that i am only going to guide durring the week days, no weekends so I dont have to compete with all the Bass Tournaments.

ebbtide176

Commander

best of wishes for carpy, lubedude & gonfishn ventures! that is awesome. i have a neighbor that started guiding fishing trips 2yrs ago. he stays busy, even though there are at least a dozen other guides on Lanier. :) i think there are more like 2 doz...

Carphunter

Commander

Again, thanks for the well wishes everyone.<br /><br />My official last day at work is April 15th, (Tax Day!!) Thats wierd.<br /><br />Boss didn't take it too well, and now he's trying to get out of paying me the severance he promised. Oh well, just makes it that much easier to leave. Its a shame people gotta act that way.<br /><br />.....I gotta start my countdown soon, the days, hours, minutes, and seconds...............maybe even the nanoseconds. :D

Stratosfied

Ensign

Good things always happen to good people!! Congratulations!! ps, did this do enough to get me a hunt??? ;)