This is getting strange

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: This is getting strange

These kind of events happen every year. Some can not be explained, most can. The crab in England most likely do to the abnormally cold waters they are having. The fish kill most likely some kind of disease considering it was localized to a specific species. The birds can be a few different reasons, and it isnt the first time that species have been reported in a mass dieing. These things are not linked it just seems that way because we live in a constant age of information and communication so it literally takes seconds for these things to circle the world and when people read these kinds of stories it sets off a flood of people reporting stories that would have other wise gone un-told giving the picture that they are some how related when they arnt.

As for climate change it is very real and those who choose to not "believe" it will be surprised. I put believe in quotes because considering the subject matter and its vast amount of supporting data and facts one can see with there own eyes is like saying I dont believe the sky is blue.

The worlds climate is controlled by the oceans currants, the gulf stream being the most important. You cant argue with the temp readings from the stations positioned around the world that track the temps of the oceans currents. The facts are that they are changing and are changing the worlds climate from what we know as normal. It is a fact the climate is changing, consistent freezes in tropical environments prove that, or floods the size of Texas in the middle east, the record lows of rain fall in the Amazon as well as the record tornadoes the past few years, and the crazy winter and summer storm patterns the past few years.

The argument is weather or not the cause of this change is effected by humans or if we can fix it. The fossil record shows shifts in the earth climate back millions of years. The simple fact is, its happening but how bad it will be and how long it will take are yet to be seen.

No mater what happens man will live on, we are a strong species who can adapt to any environment. We have survived these thing plenty before and will again. Just perhaps this time we learn not to be so dependable on resources that can run out and be effected by such shifts in climate, if we did not it would not be such a big fear.

Just my 2cents.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

I blame Bush, Cheney, and Halliburton....:eek::D

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Global warming,maybe but it doesnt matter. If you want to know whats to come then read your bible. The best manual of all time.

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Global warming,maybe but it doesnt matter. If you want to know whats to come then read your bible. The best manual of all time.

bible written by man, who lived in the desert. who ate cactus for water. written by stoned, dehydrated, halucinators. i wish i could believe in something after this but no.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Here we go again? More strange things??