Think smart tabs will help me?

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The boat is a 1986 Thompson 196CC. It's a 19'6" Cuddy with the swim platform on the back. I have a 355 with decent heads, Performer intake, Comp XM262cam, and a Qjet. Have an Edelbrock 1410 (750cfm) on the way.
With just me and a pass it'll turn 45-4600rpms with a 1.5 drive and a labbed 23p Mirage plus. The boat will run 61-62mph gps with me and a full tank(~35gal) or 58-60 with a Mighigan 21p ss prop at 4900-5000rpm. I like the labbed Mirage cause I can cruise around 53-55mph very smoothly.
Problem I have is the boat would go faster but gets real loose and will chine walk when you get the trim up. It gets worse when you have an uneven load. Or if I have myself driving and 2 friends on the other side(1 sitting close to the stern) and make a turn the boat will grab real bad and want roll to that side. If I even the load or have the other guy stand up front in the middle it turns fine. Still get the chine walk at high speed though. Problem is you can't always have an even load with friends and gear on board so I need some help for those days.
I ordered some Smart Tabs this morning. Think they'll help the problems I'm having?
I'm mainly worried about the turning aspect of things and maybe some better fuel mileage. I can deal with not having the top end. It's plenty fast now. I just don't want to scare the crap out of my passengers or have someone lose their footing and get tossed or hurt. I do slow down now that I have had it do this but when the lake gets busier and I am carrying more or less passengers I'd like the boat to be a little more predictable.

(http://www.iboats.com/Factory_Blemi...8923610--**********.524662573--view_id.486634)

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Think smart tabs will help me?

I think you will notice a huge difference in stability and handling.

WizeOne

Commander

without a doubt.

Just make sure that the tiewraps on the boots are tight. I've seen two different sets that allowed water into the boot. This will rust up the actuator. You might also check them after each outing for a while in case temperature differences loosen the boots. You should not be able to easily rotate the boot end over the actuator.

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats great to hear. I'm super excited to get them on. Redoing some of the interior and adding support in the cuddy has made the boat feel much better. Hopefully these live up to the reviews I've read on them.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

mie are great no bow rise .no bow hop .faster plane . slower trolling speeds

nlain

Commander

Short answer, yes. I have a set on my boat and they do everything advertised. Smart Tabs are and excellent product with excellent support.