The time has come for me... (and maybe something for you)

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer
to start fresh. I accepted an offer on my house on Saturday. I was lucky that I bought a few months before our 'boom' and was able to keep the place even after ending a 10 year relationship (thank God I ended it before she was common-law). May 15th I'm going to be debt free for the first time since I was 18 and will have extra cash. The only thing that would make it better is if I had a job. As much as I've been drawn to the glitter of new things, I've tried to be reasonable with my purchases and like CT, don't laugh at my boat, it's paid for! None of my stuff is glittery but I do have toys.

I'm going to miss my nice big garage and the comfort of my home but at the same time I have a new lady and she's just like me. She loves summer and loves the lake. We're hopefully going to be able to go look at and rent a basement suite, LAKE FRONT, and try out lake living. I've always hated renting because it seems like you just toss cash out the window but at the same time it's going to give me and her both the opportunity to move around without having to deal with selling a house to try something new. I'm pretty excited.

The one thing I am going to have to do is thin down my inventory. I'm hoping as I go through things I can create a list here of stuff I have that I'd be willing to give away to a good home. Not much boat stuff but I definitely have a ton of computer crap and a bunch of other various things. I'd only ask for shipping fees. If anyone has any computer needs let me know lol

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The time has come for me... (and maybe something for you)

suggestion, donate to schools, projects that are helping the under priviledged. i sure you can find many local support groups, that need things.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Good for you SuzukiChopper. If it's time to move on, it's time. I hear you about renting, I feel the same way. I'm also a PC nut, so there are computers parts stuffed in parts of this house I'm sure I have forgotten about. I'd never want to pack this crap up. I moved here with a small uhaul and will likely leave with 3 big ones, heh.

Good luck on the fresh start. At least 'fresh start' means keeping the toys.. bonus! ;)

i sure you can find many local support groups

He did. Right here. Boater helping boaters.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Right now renting doesn't seem like such a bad idea

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think you missed TD's point, lowkee.

Offers to buy, sell, donate, etc. are not allowed here. Much better to use local resources.

SuzukiChopper

it took a 26' long x 8' wide x 10' tall trailer to move me to this place, 2 loads. I have acquired a ton of more stuff since then. That was immediate stuff, didn't include the lingering stuff and things I've acquire the last couple years from my pops and cheap deals.

When it comes to the computer stuff, I would have had enough to build about 25 full 'mid-entry' computers for charity, plus left overs... until the RCMP took the recycled hard drives. I'm planning on calling the place in town that does systems for education and letting them go through my stash but I'd like to give anyone here that may need a temporary part of two first dibs. I don't have a bunch of extravagant things but thought I could toss a part here or there for someone who may need it. As I go through my garage there will more then likely be others things someone may want to pick up.

SuzukiChopper

I think you missed TD's point, lowkee.

Offers to buy, sell, donate, etc. are not allowed here. Much better to use local resources.

If that's the case JB, lock this or delete it. I don't have much to give away when it comes to boat stuff, but if it's frowned upon either way then I don't want to break the rules.

SuzukiChopper

Right now renting doesn't seem like such a bad idea

that's just a USA point of view... I'm wishing I could stand up for another year because around here that would almost mean another $100k profit.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

buying is a good choice, if you have a secure income. Bad if ya don't.
Good luck.