The time has come...bomb Iran's nuke facilities!

OldMercsRule

Captain
Re: The time has come...bomb Iran's nuke facilities!

JasonJ said:
Oldmercs, why ya gotta be a playa hater? I was just making a casual comment. I assure you, I know what it best used in whatever engagement, but this is not the place to get too specific. I did sort of kinda do that stuff for 11 years ya know...

Jason: don't read my mind: just my words. How could you conclude that I am a: "hater"? I did not feel the MOAB was the type of bomb that would be used in this situation, (that was my opinion). I know you served your country, and I thanked you for that service. I admire most ex military types, (including you), but that does not give you or them "free license" to state things that I don't agree with. Regardless of his prior service I think John Kerry is one of the biggist pukes there has ever been, and Willy want's to blow up Ohio and find a way to make him President! I don't agree with much he, (John Kerry) says, and I reject the Liberal argument that you have to have served in Vietnam to be able to have any credibility on any matters. Respectfully JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

WillyBWright said:
You confuse Iran with their president. Prove to me that most Iranians want Israel to cease to exist. Prove to me that Iran's sensible majority will go along with their fanatical minority. Our sensible majority is trying to put the brakes on our presidents expansionist goals. What makes you so certain theirs isn't doing the same? Their recent elections indicate to me that they are far more realistic than you give them credit.

Some serious MIND READIN HERE WILLY. History is fairly clear that real bad characters tend to state their intentions and act upon them. Who do you think has their fingers on the buttons in IRAN? THE GOVERNMENT WILLY! You maybe a real ace mind reader, but I would rather respect history and consider the plain words of our enemies to learn their true intent. JR

PW2

Commander

If you know where all the nuke facilities are in Iran, I'd suggest you contact the CIA. They don't seem to realize that and probably would find that info useful!

OldMercsRule

Captain

PW2 said:
If you know where all the nuke facilities are in Iran, I'd suggest you contact the CIA. They don't seem to realize that and probably would find that info useful!

Who ya talkin' to PW2?

ricksrster

Commander

kingkong.jpg

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

We have conventional options that don't include going after their nuclear sites. I don't like most of them either, but most anything would be better than blowing radioactivity into the atmosphere. Several well placed Tomahawks with conventional warheads would make quite a statement. Maybe if we sent a few duds with the words "The next one is a Nuke". I'm sure everyone their knows we can level Iran in minutes with a single command.
Hey, it's an idea. ;)

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don;t think moabs are air/fuel bombs...the latest dirivitive is of over 2 tons of HE.....

crunch

Commander

Actually JR, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the Supreme Leader in Iran and appoints all military commanders and controls the military.

He is also the boss of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the loud mouthed President of Iran. Ahmadinejad is currently under a lot of fire from more moderate segments of the very complicated Iranian Government for his fiery speeches against the West, his recently held "Holocaust forum", his too confrontational handling of the "nuclear crisis", and the broken promises he made to get elected. (that is what Willy was alluding to)

None of that means diddle... Iran is a theocracy with just a passing glance at Democracy. (kindda like calling a straight slug of Gin while looking at a bottel of Vermouth and a can of olives a Martini).

If Ayatollah Ali Khamenei did not like what Ahmadinejad was doing and saying, he wouldn't be doing it, period. It doesn't matter if the people like us, it doesn't matter what the people want or think. This 85 year old cleric is the only power in Iran, all the rest is window dressing.

crunch

Commander

PW, are you just playing stupid or do you have your head stuffed permanently up.......... to your shoulders in the sand?

Google "Iran nuclear facilities", it will give you 1,000's of hits detailing every site including specs for each site.

There is no such thing in this world you can really call a secret. The Mossad has been in and out of every site with pics and the blueprints. Satellite surveillance is so pervasive you can't build an out house, let alone a nuclear facility without it being documented by the hour, and there has been a steady stream of defectors that were all to happy to give us the low down on what is going on.

Get into the 21st century, do a bit of research before you open your mouth and look foolish, or make a poor joke. :p

crunch

Commander

WillyBWright said:
We have conventional options that don't include going after their nuclear sites. I don't like most of them either, but most anything would be better than blowing radioactivity into the atmosphere. Several well placed Tomahawks with conventional warheads would make quite a statement. Maybe if we sent a few duds with the words "The next one is a Nuke". I'm sure everyone their knows we can level Iran in minutes with a single command.
Hey, it's an idea. ;)

We have conventional options that don't include going after their nuclear sites.

Wanna expand on that? They are mining it, refining it, and enriching it. They are exchanging info with North Korea and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they haven't bought enough Plutonium to make a fire cracker or two, and are hard at work on their first test.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Economic targets, political targets. Petroleum, power grid, air force. Two carriers can do a lot of damage to a country the size of Texas.

crunch

Commander

Agreed, we would also hit their command and control, the new anti-aircraft missile batteries Russia just sold to them, etc, etc...

I thought you didn't want to pizz off the local population?... That would definitely put a bind in their shorts. :p

crunch

Commander

Nice catch, I've been looking for that for the last few weeks.... they said they would, now here it is?

Just a re-cap for those that haven't been following...

Saudi Arabia is mostly Sunni. Iran is mostly Shiite.

Iraq is mostly Shiite with a minority of Sunni.

Sunni make up about 80% of the world moslems.

Saudi Arabia has the infrastructure within it's oil industry to cut, or glut the market.

Looks like they are at economic war with Iran... Iran can't afford low prices as they have let their infrastructure slide.... this will get them if the price falls below $50 per barrel. The Saudis said months ago they may drop it below $30... let's hope. :p

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I said I didn't like it. I'm just seeing no choice, and the people are going to be a whole lot more ticked if their land is made uninhabitable. What would they have left to lose? You have to take out a few things of value and neutralize the air force to demonstrate the cost of war.

Interesting link RF. So that's why Dubya wants to double the strategic reserve. Hmmmmm.

Kalifornyakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's something to help you make your mind up some more, Willy. The eventual ICBM might be pointed right at your house!
It's kill or be killed. Save the negotiations and the political debating for the cost of the clean-up. It's a shame the way the dems have handled themselves recently, and it's treasonous (I probably didn't spell that right) the way they've politicized our national security. If the Iranians take us out we deserve it for voting in the latest ship of fools.

Click here

Kalifornyakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Reel Poor!
What did I do wrong, and how do I not do it next time?

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Drastically lower gas prices just in time for summer!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Kalifornyakid said:
Thanks Reel Poor!
What did I do wrong, and how do I not do it next time?

In the post where i fixed it click on the reply+quote button to see just how it should look. Then hit your browser button to get back to the topic thread.