The saga continues...cracked swim deck

Purduebarry

Petty Officer 1st Class
Trying like hell to get this thing back together and not taking any chances, the area (back left) where I had deck rot is also the side with the swim platform. I've noticed that the holes around the swim platform, where they bolt into the transom are not sealed well, I'll take it off and reseal, hopefully I won't find more rot!<br /><br />However, I did notice a crack in the plastic mounting bracket. The deck is firm to the boat but I'd still like to fix it before I put it back on. What do you recommend to fix a crack on a plastic swim deck? It is a US Marine deck, I think that it is made by rotational moulding?<br />
IMG_0138.jpg

wildo2ne

Cadet
Re: The saga continues...cracked swim deck

no much experience in this area but common sense would say that if it is moulded plastic, unless you know how to remould or rework it I would get rid of it and use a new one

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: The saga continues...cracked swim deck

If it's polyethylene (the same stuff wheelie garbage bins are made from) then it's repairable. Weld the crack with heat from a heatgun - the poly will melt & meld. Repair kits are also available using liquid plastic.