The Right Carb Kit?

hondarider188

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi i am thinking about putting in a new carb kit in my 1960 johnson seahorse 18hp but i cant find a kit anywhere for my year that comes with the float also. i found a kit here on iboats but with no float for about 13 bucks. and on marine engine i found just a float for about 10 bucks. so if i bought then both separate i would end up spending around $40 dollars which is way to much for a kit. and it wouldnt be a big deal about the float but the old float is cork and with the new fuels i know that the fuel can dissolve the float. and i found a kit on ebay that cokmes with a float but in the discription it says it is for a 1969-2005 but would it still work on my engine and if not does anyone know where i could get a kit with a float.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Right Carb Kit?

Float yer float in some gas. Chances are it's ok to reuse.

Go back to marineengine and double check the part #'s. Most likely there are more than one number. If they have the parts, good to go. If not, punch those #'s into fleabay. Takes a little effort, and keep checking.

<<)))(((>>

freddyray21

Commander

carb kits with floats are available at the dealer. 0375919 FLOAT & ARM ASSEMBLY. Also available in Carburetor Repair Kit, part number 383052. You can also make sure your cork float is dry and sand it lightly. Then coat it with fuel proof dope found at most hobby stores.

hondarider188

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the info. but what is the websight for OMC and does the repair kit also include the float. and arm assembly and if so does it also include a new needle.