The power of Duct Tape!

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We all know that ANYTHING can be fixed with Duct Tape (with the exception of exaust systems)! I've seen some pretty odd repairs... <br /><br />Brand new Cadillac El Dorado that had been rear-ended had the bumper dragging on the ground and the trunk would not stay closed. Simple fix! Only 2 pieces of Duct tape about 6 feet in length held the bumper on, and the trunk closed, and held it for a week before they finally got it to a body shop.<br /><br />A Cessna 150 had a broken door latch, and the door would fly open just from the vibration of the engine. A broom stick had been wedged between the door and the wing struts to keep it closed. After the broom stick had snapped, it was duct taped back together, and wedged back in place. Saw this over a year ago and last time I was at the airport, the broomstick was still holding!<br /><br />Anyone else have experiences with the universal fixit-kit?

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer
Re: The power of Duct Tape!

Please give it (duct tape) the title as it is known in the south...<br /><br />Alabama Chrome.<br /><br />I actually used some in my dad's basement in N.C. on some duct work.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> <br />I actually used some in my dad's basement in N.C. on some duct work.
Now your pushing it a bit far, we all know that Duct Tape is good stuff but there are limits to what it can do. :D :D

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

Duct tape helped us get a couple more hours out of the tube that developed a hole last time out. I have since replaced with a new tube. The funny thing is the tape I used was holding my seat together. Good thing I didn't buy those new seats yet
willy_nilly.gif
:D
willy_nilly.gif
<br />A roll will make it into the storage locker before the next trip out.

saxis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We also used it to cover our thumbs as deckhands on the charter boats here on the Pacific. When you handle 300+ bombers (seabass) a day they tend to shred your fingers. Hard to tie knots and bait hooks with gloves on, so duct tape worked wonders... and held up most of the day while our hands were NEVER dry.

KRS

Banned

Read an article in Western Horseman, they recommend using duct tape to wrap a sore horse foot when they have thrown a shoe or when an shoe is removed to prevent injury.

Twidget

Commander

I worked with a guy who replaced the vinyl top on his Olds 88 with duct tape.

D

DJ

Now, here is something we can ALL agree on.<br /><br />Duct tape, the magical/mystical, fix it all product.<br /><br /> :D

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Sticks so good its now used to reinforce the granbabys diaper that she wants to keep removing. :D

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Does anything else really need to be said about the miracle of Duct Tape?<br /><br />
2003_1st.jpg

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by JamesCoste:<br /> Please give it (duct tape) the title as it is known in the south...<br /><br />Alabama Chrome.<br /><br />I actually used some in my dad's basement in N.C. on some duct work.
LOL! Up here we call it South-side Chrome, :D just because the South end of Columbus has a ton of beaters but then again, I live in Redneckville up here on the NE side of Columbus and we probably have an equal amount of beaters with duct tape, including mine, an '82 Ranger, painted scarlet and grey no less. :D

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

i thaught it was duck tape......my alternator bolt broke coming back from fishing on the keni to anch ...i used ducktape around the alternator taped off to things in the engine comartment to provide tension and made it back to anchorage...........they have transparent duck tape now ..

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

they have transparent duck tape now .. <br />
The transparent duck tape will give you the look of a (not so noticeable) PROFESSIONAL REPAIR.<br /> :D

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the Army we called it 100 mph tape. When I was a PVT asked a SGT why and he said that you could tape something to an Army truck and go 100 mph before it would blow off.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

they used to repair tears in cessnas skin with it in the alaska bush ,hence 100 mph tape.....

brother chris

Commander

I have a new window in my Chevy S-10 because of duct tape. <br />Black duct tape actually. <br />Some idiot tried to steal my truck. Broke my side passenger window..could not reach the lock mech inside, so he used a screwdriver and pried open the door handle...broke my steering column cover and still was not able to steel my truck. What an idiot. <br />So I used black duct tape to cover the window. Behind the black duct tape is some sharp objects. Next idiot who tries to put his fist through the duct tape, better have some bandaids with him. He is going to need them :D

ZmOz

Captain

It's also perfect for tying up hookers.<br /><br /><br /> :eek:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Keeps the kids in the closet and quiet.<br /><br />Used for an alternator belt once, worked for a while. Used to fix a heater hose once while hunting.<br /><br />Ran my motorcycle through a barbed wire fence many miles from hospital. Used it to tape the cuts shut until I could get stitches.<br /><br />I will try to find the web site, but someone out there is selling duct tape wallets...wallets made entirely of duct tape. Come with an extra strip of tape and a lifetime guarantee. This place also sells duct tape watch bands, belts and I am not sure what else.<br /><br />Used to get an extra mile out of my gym shoes and work boots with it.<br /><br />Use it to get cat hair off my uniform. Wrap it around my hand with sticky side out. Leave it slack so it can spin around my hand easily, tape the ends together and rub my hand on my uniform. The tape rolls across the uniform and picks up hair.<br /><br />Back in the day this one time we took a couple of freshmen out and taped them to sign posts along the highway with duct tape. Also taped one kid to a headstone nekkid in the cemetary. That was probably kind of mean.<br /><br />If it breaks.....duct it.

Dunaruna

Admiral

You won' believe this but I've just used 12 rolls of duct tape to......<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />join the central heating ducts in my house.

Link

Rear Admiral

55 Ford truck comming back with a load of fire wood about 5 miles from the house on a old logging road. Snapped a tie rod.. my Dad took a stick and duct taped it on each side of the break