The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

Mnfishman

Recruit
Looking at at SN 161 FM. 1991/92 ish. Looks like I need to be concerned with the following:

1. Floors need replacing - use 3/4 in Marine ply not PT - correct?
2. Check transom for rot.
3. Foam flotation - ok if not waterlogged and crumbling
4. Ribs and hull - look for cracks
These look like tough boats. This one is 25 hp Evinrude. What's the capacity of this boat?

Any comments appreciated..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard Mnfishman :wave:

The lower decking is 1/2" PLY on the upper casting decks 3/4" is a must. Flotation foam may need to be removed if soggy and there are leaks to be repaired. My SS 160 is a bit smaller and is rated for 70 HP but you should see a capacity plate on it, either on the port transom or starboard by the controls. Here's what my plate looks like.

IMAG0415.jpg

Mnfishman

Recruit
Thank you Watermann;

Appreciate the advice. Lots to,think about. Boat is being refurbished be the seller. He does it as a hobby. I have restored a few boats, but now I am looking at getting good turn key for lake fishing. No time to do it myself. Having your advice really helps. Do you agree that no PT plywood should be used? I'll have him look into the foam when the floor is pulled. I'll post photos soon.

Best,

Mnfish

Watermann

I agree 100% NO PT ply in a aluminum boat, that stuff will eat it right out from under you! Looking forward to seeing some pics too. :thumb:

Mnfishman

Recruit
Ok. Bought the SN 161. Being restored by a really talented guy. I wish I had time, having built a boat and restored my present 25 ft. Sailboat. Will be posting photos as work progresses.. Fishing by July 4....

Bass-chaser

Recruit
New to the forum

In the middle of a transom replacement on my 98 fm166 has anyone done that was wondering if I could get any pointers.

Acpics80

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All! I've been lurking for some time on iboats and finally decided to join the fray, both as a contributor and as a boat owner! After years of thinking of buying a boat and searching on-line I finally found something that I thought would be a good boat for both the price and the type of boating I want to do. So here goes, last month I purchased a '85 CC-191. I didn't know much about the boat or brand but after doing a lot of research here on iboats I'm pretty excited for the project and to get her on the water. I knew I wanted a center console and I'm a fan of tin boats so this seemed like a good fit. I live on Cape Cod and we are lucky to have a wide range of waters to fish, from deep kettle ponds, back bays, sounds protected from open ocean swells by Martha's Vineyard and of course open water beyond the Vineyard and north of the Cape, towards Boston. I've never done a boat resto but with the plethora of info found on this site I think this project boat is well within what I'm capable of doing. The hull is in fantastic condition, she's never been in the salt and upon meeting the PO he stated that the decks are soft but that I could re-power her and use the boat for this season and then tear into it. After bringing her home I quickly decided that I was going to tear right into this project, I knew the decks would bother me all season so I dove in head first. I'll be starting a restoration thread in the appropriate section but in the mean time, I just wanted to introduce myself, say thank you for all the information that you all have posted and I will post pics as soon as I am able to. I'm currently at work on my "other" boat, a 208' fisheries research ship, 200 miles offshore so my picture loading might be a bit slow but I'll do my best!

Cheers!
Acpics80

Watermann

:welcome: aboard Acpics,

Sounds like you have a good candidate for a restoration. Smart move on not using the boat with compromised decking. I'll keep an eye out for your thread.

Acpics80

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks Watermann, I'm looking forward to the project!

Here are some pictures from the day I brought her home:

I'll continue to add to my restoration thread and hopefully some of you will tag along to provide some help!

Cheers!
Acpics80

craigman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fellas, just acquired a 12' Sea Nymph aluminum boat and i'm trying to find out what year it is. Is there a way to figure it out by the HIN?
​Thanks for any help!
Craig

jbcurt00

Staff member
If its the factory original, conforming HIN yes, the year can be found by entering it here:
http://www.hindecoder.com/

If its a state issued HIN, or non-conforming HIN, then no, it wont provide the year.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Fellas, just acquired a 12' Sea Nymph aluminum boat and i'm trying to find out what year it is. Is there a way to figure it out by the HIN?
​Thanks for any help!
Craig

Please start a topic about your Sea Nymph.

seaVT

Cadet
image_245004.jpg image_245005.jpg Hi All,
First time boat owner here. After having a friend take me out fishing on the Connecticut River, I caught the bug. A friend of a friend had this boat sitting in storage, he got it from a boy scout camp in NH and it was $1500 which happened to be my price limit. All has been good the last 3 outings but the Johnson died on me and my boys (5&6) on our last outing. I will post those issues up in another forum.

Watermann

:welcome: aboard seaVT, nice little FM you got there!

seaVT

Cadet
Thanks for the welcome, looks like a lot of good information here for a new owner.
BTW, I just looked over your restoration thread, it was quote inspirational (some of the decking ply on my boat is carpet covered and rotting).

Last edited:

Acpics80

Seaman Apprentice
Welcome seaVT, nice rig! Hope you get her up and running again soon.

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everyone,

I added a few new decals to my boat to give it a fancy look,I am going to be buying 2 new toys for my boat come February 2017,

I am going to buy the all new Minn Kota Ulterra and a new Humminbird Depth finder.

For those of you who have not seen how the Minn Kota Ulterra works click on the You Tube video link below,this is going to be great for me as I am disabled and have a bad back and I can work the Ulterra all by a wireless remote control,I do not have to touch the trolling motor at all except making sure the power button is turned on..

Check out this short video of how the Minn Kota Ulterra works..

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

cp3FwO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: