The Fourth Week

KennyKenCan

Commander
It is official, I have now stopped smoking for 4 weeks now!<br /><br />I cannot believe it!<br /><br />Had that "Black Gooey Gob Stopper" happen over the weekend. That was one of the grossest things I have ever saw! I cannot believe that that thing was in my body!<br /><br />All I have to say is, thank God for Nicorette!

dolluper

Captain
Re: The Fourth Week

Must of come out of that old bong :D :D <br />Good work keeper up [no pun intended]

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Way to go Kenny, i quit cold turkey twenty years ago. Have you noticed any improvement in your taste buds yet?<br />Smoking was probably the worst thing that i inflicted on my body, luckily for me i was not a very heavy smoker and i did not indulge myself in it for too many years.<br />Good luck, i hope that you beat the habit :)

ndemge

Commander

AWSOME DUDE! KEEP IT UP<br /><br />I'm at 15 Months now

FSHKPR

Ensign

good job kkc. i have been trying off and on since january first. make it a couple days then cave in and buy a pack. i now have been on welbutrin for 3 weeks. last cigarette was last sunday. so i have 8 days in. thats the longest i made it so far. the welbutrin ssems to be working. for sure the best method i tried so far. still not a piece of cake but the cravings seem more manageable. i have hopes that this time i can do it. what i like best about this method is i am not putting nicotine in my body by a different delivery system. wife is still doing good has not had one since newyears eve. i need to get in some exercise program tho cant afford to gain any weight.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey man - the hard part is over! Just keep it up! No rewarding yourself by having "just one"... but if you made it this far, you're going to do fine.<br /><br />Sunflower seeds in the shell helped me quit.

Link

Rear Admiral

Good deal. Its just something you don't do anymore! :)

TilliamWe

Banned

KKC, when I first quit in September, I didn't feel any better, and thought I never would. Now that it's been 6 months, I can't imagine how bad I would feel if I was still smoking!<br />I only smoked three years, and quit solely for financial reasons, so nicorette and the like were not an option!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey, Ken. I'll bet the "morning hack" is gone.<br />It gets even better over the next few months.<br />I quit by using Nicorette too. I was still not weened-off the gum 11 months later ---but was not smoking!<br />My doc did complain about the Nicorette, but said "keep trying, because it's still better than what you were doing".<br />I finlly weened-off the gum by chewing regular sugarless gum, a habit I never had in the past. I got sick of that habit too after a couple months, but that was easy to quit doing.<br /><br />It has been 3years ,3 months for me (I quit on New Years Day, 2002,that's how I remember).<br />If you are like me, cigs still smell great, and your smoking friends will be the hardest temptation that exists for you.<br />It's so good not having that cigarette-jones at 3AM.and no cigs in the house!<br />Watching an entire movie!<br />Going to dinner with the wife, and being given a seat INDOORS!<br />In general, not being treeted like a lepper of society is something money can't buy!<br />Speakin of money --- No more cigarette taxes being extorted from my allready-overtaxed wages!<br />The increase in spendable cash is very noticeable after the Nicorette too. Enjoy, Ken! You sooooo desereve it!

NYMINUTE

Captain

I wish I could go 4 days. Are you on Zyban?? or just Willpower? Good for you!!! :)

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Congrats KKC. It's been 6 years this July for me. I quit cold turkey. Wish I had that kind of will power to lose weight. LOL :D

Laddies

Banned

Ken, as long as you remember that they tasted bad It will help you stay off them, I smoked 3 packs of P M a day and quit cold turkey by think about that, besides your by the worst of it. Keep up the good work and cheat the goverment out of your tax money you were paying them on the cigarettes--Bob