The fall

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Last week I found how far down the ground is.
I tripped over a jack stand and landed on a Mercruiser lower unit and a electric scooter.
I thought I broke my arm/shoulder. Nope, just scraped and bruised everywhere.
Haven't been able to move good or at all.
Younger, I would have bounced, not anymore.
I haven't been able to do the things I promised, promised some coils and they finally got shipped yesterday (SORRY)

topgun3690

Ensign
Sorry to hear about your fall, jerry.....glad nothing got broken. My mom (90 yrs) fell a couple weeks ago....luckily she didn't break anything either, just banged up a bit. Hope you recover fully and can get back to doing the things you like to do! (y)

The Force power

Commander
I tripped over a jack stand and landed on a Mercruiser lower unit and a electric scooter.
I haven't been able to do the things I promised, promised some coils and they finally got shipped yesterday (SORRY)
Auch!! sorry to hear this Get well soon

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Man, that had to hurt! I fell over a month ago and broke an ankle and dislocated 3 toes on the other foot. Getting better but the older you get the longer it takes. Hang in there, you'll be hopping around again before you know it, just a little more carefully!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Man, that had to hurt! I fell over a month ago and broke an ankle and dislocated 3 toes on the other foot. Getting better but the older you get the longer it takes. Hang in there, you'll be hopping around again before you know it, just a little more carefully!
How'd you break and then dislocate 3 on the other foot??
Bet that hurt :)

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How'd you break and then dislocate 3 on the other foot??
Bet that hurt :)
I passed out walking to the bathroom 4:00 am in the morning! Woke up on the floor with toes pointing in the wrong direction. My wife insisted on a trip to the hospital, spent most of the day there getting all kinds of heart tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, blood work.....they couldn't find a thing wrong! Finally they decided I must have jumped up out of bed too quick and got light headed. Hasn't happened since, so maybe they are right. It actually didn't hurt as much as you would think.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Hear ya....at 73, I have became super carefull, even dead slow in some cases, not because I can't, but because I know how long it will take to recover !! Mentally I would loose it if I had to sit and look out a window for months waiting to heal. When I move around in my boat, I always have a hand on something to help keep steady, when I go to the bow to deploy my trolling motor, I am on my hands and knees, no more standing for me up there !! Sure I can do it, no problem....but what if ??? That is what makes me so carefull...

The Force power

Commander
Hear ya....at 73, I have became super carefull, even dead slow in some cases, not because I can't, but because I know how long it will take to recover !! Mentally I would loose it if I had to sit and look out a window for months waiting to heal. When I move around in my boat, I always have a hand on something to help keep steady, when I go to the bow to deploy my trolling motor, I am on my hands and knees, no more standing for me up there !! Sure I can do it, no problem....but what if ??? That is what makes me so carefull...
Once bitten twice shy