The end of Fall

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Apparently I am a minority.
My favorite season is just around the corner, Winter. I live in northern Illinois and look forward to the changing seasons. I lived in SoCal for 6 years and it rained 7 times. Hated every day of it.
Winter has no bugs, no lawn to mow, and I don't sweat my brains out at work.
I don't have any winter-time toys, don't need them.
I still don't understand why folks whine and complain when this time of year comes around. They know it's gonna happen, it does every year.
Put your "big boy" pants on and shovel the snow, slow down when driving, winterize your house.
If you don't like it move.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: The end of Fall

I used to love the winter. Nothing is quite as pretty as a newly fallen snow on the yard.

Now I cringe at the mere mention of snow.:eek:

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thats cause you have to put that beauty of a boat up and can't play anymore Thad!!

:D:D:D

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like the change also.Don't care much for getting up at 6 o'clock,cleaning off the truck and going to work,but I do love sledding.Different seasons...different toys.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I don't mind winter so much as I dislike the length of it. We've had snow on the ground for a week already. Sometimes it stays until May. Summers can be pretty short up here. Even just living in southern WI can make a big difference in the length of winter.

As far as moving, can't. Kid is still in school for a few more years. But, we have discussed it. I'm finding out the older I get the less I like the cold and snow..... And I'm not really that old, middleage.......:)

foodfisher

Captain

My sister lived here in socal for a while and got bored with all the sunshine. I think she's nuts. No winterization from here to eternity for me.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

My favorite season is about 5 months away :eek:

tallcanadian

Captain

Six months of winter has an effect on a person, especially with age. lol. I do enjoy my snowmobile and ice fishing but would be very happy not to see any more 80+ cms (30+in) snow storms ever again. I'm 6'5" and when I go out and have to shovel snow higher than me, I have every right to whine and complain. :D:rolleyes: