The correct position of the diaprhams and pump,please

silvereagle

Cadet
I have a 87 or newer sqaure type fuel pump with the diaprams and check valves,I have seen on 4 differnet web sites and in the diaprham kits the schematics are wrong?I think,when I check 1 sight it shows the the cover then the gasket then the diaprham then the body the diaprham then gasket?I am so confused is there a place or somebody that can tell me the correct way to put on gaskets and diaphrams?please,also is there a way to tell the correct positioning of the fuel pump itself so I dont put it on wrong? THANK YOU

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: The correct position of the diaprhams and pump,please

What are you working on?

I just rebuilt mine recently and used the diagram in my 90 hp 3 cyl manual. It shows a plate with a plug coming from the engine block to produce pressure pulses to operate the pump; then a diaphragm, a gasket with a bar through the middle of it, the main valve assy, a gasket with no bar through it, another diaphragm and a cover plate.

The main valve assy connects from the fuel inlet to the engine to the inlet of the fuel filter and the outlet of the FF goes to the carbs. Mine has little triangles cast into the covers and stamped in the diaphragms and seals to help you to get everything lined up.

Also in the main valve are 2 check valve assemblies, one from each side of the valve casting.

HTH,

Mark