tell us who and where you are

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi I'm Chris, i live on the gulf coast of central Florida. I'm a Dive Instructor, and avid spear fisherman. My newest spear fishing vessel is 28' Carver Mariner with twin 350's. I go mostly for grouper, but get hog snapper, Mangrove snapper, sheapshead, cobia, mackeral and others. I look forward to hearing from other spear fanatics!

RickLentz

Cadet
Hey Chris, I live in Coastal NC. I am definitely a freedive spearfishing addict. I hunt for Grouper, sheepshead, mahi, and the other tasty edibles found in the waters around here. I've been freediving for a while and cant really see many reasons to go SCUBA (nothing against SCUBA, just not my preference). I only have a little 19' Sea Pro, so i have to pick my days when the weather is nice.

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i do both free dive and SCUBA, depending on depth and such. glad to see ya!

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
I'm from New York; but live in Southwest Georgia now. I'll be making my first trip down the ACF River System in the spring. We'll only bring Free-dive gear this first trip. We'll have a full boat. Four adults and two children. I will definitely bring the guns, though. I recently learned that in Florida and Georgia, you need a fishing licence for the ocean. I'd never heard of such a thing:confused::(:eek::mad:. I guess I'm just a dumb kid from Brooklyn:rolleyes:. Do we need a separate licence to spearfish too? The river trip to the gulf will be posted more and more as it gets closer. Maybe you'd like to join in the fun, Chris... It'd be great to meet you down there. We obviously have similar interests. It'll be a great time. I've been hearing a lot about scalloping starting July 4th weekend...Mmmmmmm:D... I'm in!!! Anyway, it's nice to almost meet you. I'll be looking forward to actually meeting you some time.

Safe and happy boating always!!!

Divecaptchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
there is not a speacial license for spearing, however there are special rules. I sugest you get the florida saltwater guidlines! Also it is illegal to use a spear gun in fress water in florida! So be carefull of that! where will that trip dump u out at?