Teleflex Temp Gauge Reads Cold

skyguy59

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I hooked up a Teleflex outboard temp gauge to my 100 HP Johnson. I used the "Z" bracket method to attach it to the cylinder head. It never seems to read much above "C" even when on the muffs. Direct reading thermometer shows head temp to be about 140 and the gauge will still read<br /> "C". If you put the sender in 160 Degree water the gauge will register alittle above half way so it would seem everything is working. I have hooked up alot of these and never had this happen before. Already did all of the trouble shooting on the Teleflex web site and everything checks out. Any ideas or suggestions?<br /><br />Russ In Texas

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Teleflex Temp Gauge Reads Cold

welcom to iboats. I installed my z bracket so the sending unit is touching the center of the cyl head cover. make sure you scrape the paint off of the cover where the sender will be contacting the head cover.did you install 1 sender to the starboard side? or a sender to both heads? my instructions clearly stated to remove the paint off the head cover.make sure you tighten it up snug.