Ted Wiliams 9hp

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My dad has an old 9hp motor that he got from his dad after he died. I am wanting to find out some information on it and find out where I might be able to find parts for it so I can fix it up for him. If I remember correctly it was purchased from Sears. All the cowling said was Ted Williams 9.9hp according to my dad. The cowling has disappeared and the only numbers I could find were on a tag fixed to the top of the mounting bracket. The number is :204058. Can anyone shed any light on this one? What I am needing is a water pump, lower unit seals and gaskets, carb rebuild kit, and if possible some info on the plug settings and point setting (if there are any). I think it has a Chrysler power head.<br /> Thanks :cool:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Ted Wiliams 9hp

You can probably find what you need right here. Go up to the Marine Store button, then enter Force in the search box. Take a trip to the library and see if they have outboard manuals. They probably do. You can positively ID it that way. The number looks like a serial number. We'd need a model number like 225.58127