Teaching new driver

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
Not sure the sandbags are a good idea make sure you don't overload your boat
Plate on the back says 650 lbs so I am going to guess that him (280), me (125), battery(30?), gas tank(25-40?) plus what ever other gear we have is well under the limit. I am already planning to move the battery to help with the weight issue, then 50-75 lbs of sand I should be close enough to even if he shifts a little to the middle which in this boat helps with driving I find, we should be good. Can't see is being overloaded, heavy sure but still within safe limits

littlerayray

Lieutenant
With 70 lbs of sand your very close to your max load limit I would be careful don't forget you have oars and the motor to add plus the anchor yes you have to include the motor

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
With 70 lbs of sand your very close to your max load limit I would be careful don't forget you have oars and the motor to add plus the anchor yes you have to include the motor
Well then guess I may be pushing the limit, either that or I have the wrong number in mind. Says 4-6 people so maybe 650 lbs is wrong? I know my new hull weighs that so maybe I have the wrong number either way good to know the motor has to be included in that weight. Will check the plate later tonight and see if I can safely add sand bags.