TaylorMade Vector Compact AC trouble

boataway

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the Vector Compact with Passport II (whatever that means). The display/control panel is showing three solid red lights (next to the cool, fan, and heat buttons). So far I have reset the breaker and unplugged both ends of the control panel wire many times to try and remove any oxidation. Still three lights.

A rep I contacted with CruiseAir said I needed to replace the whole thing. My initial reaction is an eye-roll.

Any hints as to what I should look into? Common failures that result in the three red lights?

Pat310

Recruit
You can reset passport II to factory settings by holding down power button for ten seconds and software version will display (A***). I Attached vector owners manual that came with my boat. Control panel is tricky to learn

Attachments

• vector compact.pdf
    967.6 KB · Views: 2

boataway

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can reset passport II to factory settings by holding down power button for ten seconds and software version will display (A***). I Attached vector owners manual that came with my boat. Control panel is tricky to learn
Thank you Pat. Will give it a try!

boataway

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sadly, this did not produce a change. Still have three red lights on.

And I tried different "types" of holding the power button down.. for example while flipping the circuit breaker on, while holding the fan button too...

mr 88

Commander
Tamp Bay Marine Air .com would be the place I called or at least check out the website. Just has a issue , circuit board and controller had to be replaced . I would think that might be what you need , not the whole friggin thing . For what they cost and using it for a couple months at most if that did not fix it I would be putting some toggle switches on it and direct power the pump , condenser and heat or AC and let it run full on cold or hot. No thermostat or variable speed blower that way ,but its working.