TAS 12b ignition coil

willp

Cadet
My coil indicates zero olms on the primary winding. Does anyone k now the correct resistant for this small ob.
ty

440roadrunner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Generally, you cannot reliably measure coil primary resistance with the average multimeter. Even Fluke get pretty "iffy" down in the low ranges. Also regardless of what you see on the internet, you can NOT reliably test a coil with a multimeter, either for good or bad, with the possible exception of condemning one with a shorted/ partly shorted secondary. That is, If you have reliable specs on the secondary resistance.

willp

Cadet
Generally, you cannot reliably measure coil primary resistance with the average multimeter. Even Fluke get pretty "iffy" down in the low ranges. Also regardless of what you see on the internet, you can NOT reliably test a coil with a multimeter, either for good or bad, with the possible exception of condemning one with a shorted/ partly shorted secondary. That is, If you have reliable specs on the secondary resistance.
ty--willp

440roadrunner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
aso whay is the max voltage rating for th condencer?
I don't understand the question. OEM type or OEM replacement condensers/ capacitors are rated for magneto use. I do use electronics sourced caps "orange drops" and I've forgotten if I use 200 or 400V caps. I would not use under 200V rating. The voltage on any coil primary is over 10o and probably 150 on most systems