Tahoe 220 deck boat prop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannieg702

Cadet
I recently bought a Tahoe 220 deck boat. It's 22ft in lenght. I took it out today and ran great. However at time at wot the rpm's shot up to bout 5k and at lower speeds it seem to take a little longer to plane. I am curious to see if the prop it has is the correct for this vessel. The current prop is a stainless steel ballistic 14 3/8 x 21the boat is equipped with a mercruiser 5.7l alpha one gen 2. Thanks for any input.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tahoe 220 deck boat prop question

You did pretty good so far but
if you read the stickys at the top of the prop forum and get us your actual performance figures
we can tell if your setup seems to work.
Your final prop size will depend on your typical load and activities.

mannieg702

Cadet

Speedo wasn't working when I was out, I fixed it today, should head back out this weekend I'll post when I get accurate figures. The boat has a 48 gal tank, 20 gal fresh water tank, usually I'll have 8 to 10 people. We also plan to do a little wakeboarding as well since the boat has a wakeboard tower but mostly cruising and looking for good fishing spots.

mannieg702

Cadet

Ok so I took the boat again this weekend and it ran great. The speedo works now but one thing that I found odd was that I was cruising at 45mph and my rpm's seem to be around 2400 and 2600, I WOT and topped out at 55 MPH but my RPM's didn't seem to raise above 3300. And that was at Full trim as well. Any input?

James36sc

Recruit
What size is your prop just got the same boat and runs great with 2 or 3 people get 7 on there it won't plane

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What size is your prop just got the same boat and runs great with 2 or 3 people get 7 on there it won't plane

James36sc

It's been over 2 1/2 years since the OP last visited. Also, this thread is over 3 years old. Start a new topic in the Prop section.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.