Tachometer for a 57 35hp Evinrude

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Tachometer for a 57 35hp Evinrude

I don't know about OEM, but there are aftermarket ones. I seem to remember a post awhile back about a tiny tac (I think) that would attach to the spark plug wire that worked well. I am sure someone will come along and offer some more advice.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Sorry, I can't think of anything that would work. Maybe someone else will know of something. If you are just trying to plug a hole, you could install a volt meter, easy to install and wire.

jusfloatin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry, I can't think of anything that would work. Maybe someone else will know of something. If you are just trying to plug a hole, you could install a volt meter, easy to install and wire.

I am working on my 59 Thunderhawk which when finished will have twin 35's hanging of the back end.
I have one dash plate and looking for a second but I want or was hoping I could pop the emblem out and intall a tachometer for each engine.

Attachments

• Start bezel.jpg
    Start bezel.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0

Wishiniwuzfishin

Chief Petty Officer

I have a TinyTach on a 5HP I have. Very satisfied with it. Only thing is the unit is sealed so the battery is non-replaceable(at least when I got mine). I've had mine on 2 years now and still works great. They didn't have a round display when I got mine so if your main concern is to fill the hole I guess it ain't gonna help.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I believe your chances of finding a tach that will work on your magneto motor and fit in that hole are about zero.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Cut out the emblem to fit the tiny tach, it's just a rectangle.