Swim Platform DONE!!

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
swimplatform5-24vidcam006.jpg

Here's some photo's of the 'project'. I know it kinda pales in comparison to some of the other stuff here, but I'm very happy with how it turned out(and I'm a perfectionist!).

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w159/swgconstruction/swimplatform/

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Swim Platform DONE!!

The 'board' itself weighed 42 lbs when finished (10 lbs of glass and resin!). I would think that would be less than starboard, and way stronger.

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Brackets from Great Lakes Skipper, Hinges from hardware store, ladder from e-bay, ss hardware from Fastenal

The edges (and top) were sanded smooth, then masked off the line. Roll on the texture, and peel the tape quick. That texture stuff seemed to make the gel kick faster.

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awesome work man!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this total platform run you? :confused: Just wondering because I may want to do the same type of thing to my boat. Thanks

I had about $275 total in it. A custom one would run $1200 to $1500.

I have to wait till next weekend to get more pics:( My camera died when I was going to snap the final shots:mad:

Wize- that 1.5 oz cloth worked very well on the last layup...rolled over all the contours easily.
Rail was that shape (only longer), and was on the original us marine (single side) swim platform.

contractorguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great job, but I want to know, also, how you bent the tubing.

I built a jig in a hydraulic press, and then used a homemade mandrel and light heat....

nah, just kidding, they were already that shape on the oem (ladder platform) that I took off:D:D

I did move one to the port side, and took about 5" off them