Suzuki df175's throttles hitting dash, not getting WOT?

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer
Suzuki df175's throttles hitting dash not getting WOT?

I was looking at my throttles and noticed that when I push them to WOT they are hitting a dash gauge blank that was installed after my repower. The dealer said the boat was hitting 6K RPM on tests but I have never seen anything over 5800RPM. So I started thinking, what if they made the test runs before they installed the blanks in the dash and I am not getting WOT?

I pulled the motor covers and (motors not running) and advanced the throttles till they hit the dash and the linkage still had about 1/8 inch throw more to go before I hit the stops on the motor linkage when disconnected.

Do any of you Suzuki rigging folks think that would affect top end performance? Could that be my mystery 200 rpm?

I am going to tinker with it this weekend but I would like to hear some rigging pros opinions and ideas?

Thanks!
Mac

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Suzuki df175's throttles hitting dash, not getting WOT?

I am not a pro, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents anyway.
There is not a time that I run at WOT in any boat, usually about 3/4 throttle is normal, so I do not see were 200 RPM would be missed.
If you want it to be fixed I would take it back to the ones that messed it up to have it corrected.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

It isn't worth loosing 1/2 day to drag the boat there 2 days in the shop and 1/2 day back for a small tweek. I am just going to pull the blanks out and see if I pick up a few RPM at wot.

I have 107 hours on the motors now and 90 are under 2000 rpm I am not a wot hot rodder, but I sure would like to know what she can do. If I can pick up 2 mph, this boat will be running as fast as when she had the 200's on the transom. That is bragging rights for the DF175 world.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

can you move controls back a bit? or are they built in? 3 screws is all that hold most in place

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

I pulled the blanks out and I was able to push the hammers down a bit more. But I didn't find any noticeable change in performance #'s. Dealer in town said the last bit dosen't make any difrence if you pull back in that area and the motors aren't loosing any speed. I guess I am getting all there is. Too bad, Free MPH would been nice to find.

Mac

Triton II

Commander

May still be worth repositioning slightly to stop banging the throttle tops into the dash. Good luck finding those missing 200rpms...