Suzuki DF115A throttle position sensor voltage

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer
Can anyone give me the TPS voltage or procedure for setting the TPS on a DF115A? I found the service manual online but oddly it doesn't seem to mention the TPS at all. It does mention the CTP (closed throttle position) sensor, but that's just an on/off switch, I'm looking for the actual position sensor setting.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Can anyone give me the TPS voltage or procedure for setting the TPS on a DF115A? I found the service manual online but oddly it doesn't seem to mention the TPS at all. It does mention the CTP (closed throttle position) sensor, but that's just an on/off switch, I'm looking for the actual position sensor setting.
Instead of cheaping out and getting free, incorrect info (no CTP switch on that engine) on the internet, purchase the correct service manual for your engine, purchase the $320 test cord and then realize that the TPS is not adjustable. It is factory preset. If out of specs, replace.

MattFL

Instead of cheaping out and getting free, incorrect info (no CTP switch on that engine) on the internet, purchase the correct service manual for your engine, purchase the $320 test cord and then realize that the TPS is not adjustable. It is factory preset. If out of specs, replace.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to help someone else, I sell a tool (tpstool.com) and a customer is trying to fix this motor, I don't have the motor here. $320 for a test cord? yikes! If the TPS is not adjustable on that motor then thank you for that info, I will pass it along.

That said, I found the service manual online at manualslib.com (link here), and it makes no mention of the TPS at all, not even a procedure to test if it's good or bad or in/out of acceptable range, which is odd for a service manual. It does mention the CTP multiple times, but again I don't have the motor here so I'll take your word for it that the 115 doesn't have one. Also the parts listing (link here) clearly shows the TPS on the throttle body, but it's not listed as a line item that can be ordered separately. I'll ask the customer to check the mounting holes to see if they're holes or slots just to verify. Thank you I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

MattFL

Confirmed it is not adjustable. Just got a picture from the customer. Thank you for the help.