Suzuki 2hp no cooling water out

tomjohnson

Recruit
I have a 7-8 years old Suzuki 2 hp that was run in salt water 2 years ago but wasn't clean runned in fresh water after that. Using it for the first time after that yesterday and didn't eject cooling water the way I thought it should.<br /><br />The motor is new to me so I don't know how much water should spray out of the discharge hole but surely it should be a solid jet of water? When I tried it was barely any water but I only dared to try for a short while (maybe a minute or two).<br /><br />What to do now? Do I have to leave it to a Suzuki shop or are there any ways to clean the canals by yourself?<br /><br />/Tomas

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki 2hp no cooling water out

well you can first try and wiggle a thin wire in the hole where the water must come out to see if it comes out stronger, otherwise I would change the empellar to see if there is a difference before you start with the hassle of trying to clean all the channels ...

tomjohnson

Recruit

Thank you. Just talked with a Suzuki dealer and said that these small engines don't always give away a full jet of cooling water, but sometimes not much move than steem (combined with exhaust). <br /><br />After checking the water holes I will try to run the motor up to normal temperature so see if the steem turns into water... Keeping a hand on the engine to e¨nsure it's not running too hot shouldn't hurt it?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Just make sure it doesn't get hot, but as far as I know a 90's suzuki 2hp have a full working empellar si it should give you a nice strong flow of water ....

jethro5333

Cadet

the 2hp Suzuki only puts out a fine mist, not a pee stream like the bigger engines.

tomjohnson

Recruit

Thank you jethro5333. I opened up and checked the impeller - just fine. Makes you wonder, with such a large (compared to the small engine) impeller it should be able to put out quite a solid "pee stream". <br /><br />Is it regulated with a thermostat or similar?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

These really small engines don't have a thermostat because the engine area is so small so it just circulates through .... like I also mentioned it does have a large full working impellar so you would expect it to give you a good stream of water ....