Surface Scratches

MelodyBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,

How do you fix surface scratches located in the bow (near the seats) and on a swim platform? The boat is a Tahoe Q5. The scratches are from wakeboards hitting the surface when resting on the bow seat cushions since I don't have a tower. The swim platform is basically the boards hitting the surface from inexperienced riders getting into the water. They are surface scratches and are not that deep, maybe 1mm with the deepest being 2-3mm.

Sorry for my lack of terminology, is this the gel coat or fiberglass that is scratched?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the boat is only two years old.

MB.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: Surface Scratches

You just need to wetsand and buff the scratches out .. basically 400g then 600 or 1000 grit .. then buff out ..

If you Burn through then you have to apply gel coat to it .. then sand/buff the gel out :) .

YD.

MelodyBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You just need to wetsand and buff the scratches out .. basically 400g then 600 or 1000 grit .. then buff out ..

If you Burn through then you have to apply gel coat to it .. then sand/buff the gel out :) .

YD.

Thank you for your reply. I'll give her a go and see what happens.

MB.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

;ets see pics of the swim grid too....

what happens is that if you try and sand the grid.....you will sand off the texture...... but there is a trick to doing grids !!!!

MelodyBay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

;ets see pics of the swim grid too....

what happens is that if you try and sand the grid.....you will sand off the texture...... but there is a trick to doing grids !!!!

The grid is okay, the scratches are more to the side of the grid on the smooth part. Thx.