Super Sport trim question

flatsider45

Seaman
Anybody know where to find the little stainless screw pins used on the trim pieces? I remember scratching around in the mush of wood and junk seeking out these little jewels and picking up every one I could find;but of course I have come up short to finish the trim pieces.Any ideas? Thanks, JimmyJ

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Super Sport trim question

Lowes has them There called spiral nails. May not be stainless but will take any use you have and should be ok. You might look on the web ( Spiril Nails)

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Are they not aluminum spiral nails about one inch long? If not you could hunt for some SS on this website http://www.mcmaster.com . I think they sell them by the pound. That would be enough to do 500 boats. Have you tried home depot or your local lumberyard? If you have a fastener store they may have them or they can order some in for you.

Others may post with better ideas or they may have some spares they can put in the mail.

GLG

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Ed your just too fast for me...
Peck and find ... that's me
Type 30 words an hour.
GLG:rolleyes:

fshngho

Lieutenant

Those are the exact type of nails that are used to put down carpet/vinyl trim. You can get them at any hardware store.:D

flatsider45

Seaman

Thanks guys I thought i'd seen them somewhere but couldn't remember where.I'll give those places a shot.Would really like to have stainless because that's what is in my boat;but aluminum would do.JimmyJ