Stupid Battery switch install question..

lennyb

Seaman Apprentice
Im restoring my boat (1985 four winns 170 bow rider) this winter and want to add i second battery ( i plan on using two deep cycle batteries for my piece of mind). My question is do i hook them both up to the alternator for recharging and where can i find a good schematic for install purposes?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Stupid Battery switch install question..

Why not make your starting battery a dual-purpose? You'll get the cold cranking amps you need as well as the benefits of a deep cycle.

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well for 1, It sure is nice to know that if you spend the night out on the water, you can get the boat started the next day. :cool:

Fed

Commander

He said he needs two deep cycle batteries, something to do with a piece of his mind.

lennyb

Seaman Apprentice

He said he needs two deep cycle batteries, something to do with a piece of his mind.

I would just perfer if they were both deep cycle's because i take my boys out fishing and stuff for hours on end (sometimes overnight).Unless you guys think that would just be severe over-kill / waste of money. As for my piece of mind i done lost that awhile ago.........what was i talking about???:D

Fed

Commander

I think deep cycles are better providing the cranking Amps are right & your boat can handle the weight.

Peace Lenny.