stripped trim hose

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just aquired a new project boat and one trim cyl. hose (on the strendrive end) is stripped. is there a way (short of replacing the whole piece?) such as a heli-coil or something (the line is a 3/16ths and not a regular heli coil size).

Bondo

Staff member
Re: stripped trim hose

Nope....<br />Replace it....

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

On rereading my post I don't belive I was very clear. It is NOT the hose that is stripped it is the metal piece it screws into.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

SOO ,what are you screwing that hose into .There are dozens of posibilites that we could delight you with.Please share.

Bondo

Staff member

Depending on Which outdrive we're talking about.....<br />Mercruisers have a little Hyd. Manifold bolted to the bottom of the transom housing....<br />Replace It....

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mercruisers have a little Hyd. Manifold bolted to the bottom of the transom housing....
Very good Bondo, let this be know as the day I learned to look before I panic. I hadn't looked real close at the boat and was unaware that (thank god) it was a manifold the hose attached to (I thought it was part of a larger piece).<br /><br />new piece is ordered.