Stress Relief

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I could use some ideas here folks. What do you do to relieve stress? I'm working on my last pair of courses to complete my bachelors degree, and it is very stressful. For some reason I tend to get stressed out when the wheather turns hot anyway. This year is worse than most. <br /><br />Any ideas are welcome.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Stress Relief

Oh crap, its gonna hit the fan now. You better specify who that honey is before she finds out. <br /><br />I enjoy reading. I can read about 150 pages a night if I am in the mood. I also like to get to the country and just be with it. Theres something so calm in all of Gods creation. Total relaxation. Let go of things that aren't important. Who really cares if you don't wash your car or weed eat this time?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Go fishing, watch a movie, check out boat stuff on ebay, have a couple beers at a sports bar, make a fishing lure, walk the dog, go to a baseball game, paint a room, fix a faucet, change some lightbulbs, weed and/or feed the garden, trim a tree, fix the airconditioner, fix the dryer vent, fix a broken doorknob, fix a broken reel, go shopping at BPS,

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Joe,<br /><br />Where do you live? Maybe someone could give specific places that are full of friendly people? I somehow remember you living in CA?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Watch a good movie is the best way to escape, when you dont have time or money to do anything else. I forget everything while its on.<br /><br />If you have time/money...hunting, fishing,camping, biking, boating, fixing. Problem is that some of these can be stressful if they dont go right!!! WHERE IS MY HAMMER!!! :mad: <br /><br />Ken

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks folks.<br />I've been fixing things all weekend. I've also been reading all weekend (homework). Pointer, your right, I do live in CA in El Dorado county (foothils of the Sierras). It's just starting to warm up pretty good around here. Fishin & swimming is always a stress releiver, unfortunately, I won't have any time for that for another 6 weeks. I still have to fix the seals in my lower unit (the outboard motor that is :D ).<br />Mr. Ladyfish, problem is my honey is too hot. (quote:"Not today, It's too hot.") :( <br />Any ideas on concotions to make someone sleep in the heat? It's atually quite nice right now, but it's supposed to heat up real quick around here.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I live in the Sierras too. It will get hot. Best thing is to excercise. An end of the day walk with honey will help alot.<br />Bassy

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Joe,<br /><br />Borrow, steal, or liberate a boat and go to Bullard Bar, just northeast of grass valley. Threw a lot of anger into that reservoir when I lived in Auburn. Always came home relaxed and refreshed. If you can't take a boat go without or rent, they have ski boats for rent there!! :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Joe, when I need to relieve stress I like to think up a creative practical joke and play it on the least suspecting victim.<br /><br />It usually makes me laugh so hard I cry. I'll even bust out in laughter in the middle of the day about it. It also keeps me from focusing on anything else. I become so exhausted from laughing and usually sleep much better. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey, Joe, take the books and honey(or no honey) to any body of water and study there. Studying can be done anywhere; except maybe computer work. Congratulations on almost being finished with your degree. That's great!<br />Bassy