Straping Board on Rack Question

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Guys .... I got what most of you will think is a stupid question but I will ask anyway haha. I got 2 wakeboard / kneww racks on my Tahoe q4 and my question is how do you strap the knee board down on the rack. Like it has the long black string do you just wrap the board and tie the strap any where you can find? I did this and the board was moving around alot whilr ridding in rack? Sorry for my stupidness but can someone help me out....

David

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Straping Board on Rack Question

Depends on what kind of rack you have. But there should be hooks or notches cut into the bottom of the plate that the fingers are mounted on (or the fingers themselves) that the bungee strap hooks into. You just place the board in the the slot, pull the bungee over the top and down into the hooks. If you're not seeing where it hooks, maybe upload a pic for us to see?

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Depends on what kind of rack you have. But there should be hooks or notches cut into the bottom of the plate that the fingers are mounted on (or the fingers themselves) that the bungee strap hooks into. You just place the board in the the slot, pull the bungee over the top and down into the hooks. If you're not seeing where it hooks, maybe upload a pic for us to see?

I got the Aerial brand here is a link

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BT-KNEQCKRCKU-PA

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, same as mine. It's the two notches in the bottom of the plate that the racks are mounted on. You just pull the bungee around the boards, and hook it into both of those notches.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The bungee goes up and over the board, or boards and stretches back to hook on the bottom of the frame that attaches to the tower. There are two slots on the bottom of that oval piece which should hold the two sides of the bungee with the pull tab behind it.
There is always some motion but the bungee should have a fair bit of tension and keep everything in place.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

birck75, you type too fast for my fat fingers.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

rack3.jpg
The bungee goes up and over the board, or boards and stretches back to hook on the bottom of the frame that attaches to the tower. There are two slots on the bottom of that oval piece which should hold the two sides of the bungee with the pull tab behind it.
There is always some motion but the bungee should have a fair bit of tension and keep everything in place.

I go up and over the board but i got so much slack left so its not going to be tight and I dont see how I would hook it to the slot. Here is a couple of picsrack.jpgrack2.jpg

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

brick can probably tell you more, as he has the same rack. You may be able to shorten the bungee where the permanent mount is by retying a knot that holds it in place. A quick fix is to tie figure 8 knot at the loose end to make the loop shorter and then put the shortened end into the slots with the knot behind. I'd guess they were expecting a wider board than yours is.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mine is too long too.

I just tie a knot towards the end of the loop, so that it will be snug. Play with the position of the knot until your happy.

Bring a different set of toys out on a different day, just untie and retie that knot. It won't become too snug to where you cannot untie it.

I would not do the adjusting at the base of the wakeboard plate, because if you do and then get a larger kneeboard and wakeboard you will be sunk.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, that bungee is crazy long. Do you know if it's the original one that came with the rack? If you bought it used, maybe someone had to replace it. Anyway, should be pretty simple to tie new knots to shorten it like the others have said.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, that bungee is crazy long. Do you know if it's the original one that came with the rack? If you bought it used, maybe someone had to replace it. Anyway, should be pretty simple to tie new knots to shorten it like the others have said.

No I bought them new... I thought they were pretty long haha