Stinger Height Differential??

lundnisswa

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Stinger Height Differential??

If that were my project I would certainly make it into a set back outboard Transom now, with a nice 4 stroke kicker tied in to the steering as well. You will gain 2 feet on the interior just getting rid of the dog house. You can do this, will take quite some time and wont be cheap, but I bet these guys will get ya through it, and you will have one nice fishing machine.
Lund

83ProLine

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for everyone?s comments!

post back every day that you work on it james....take pics and post them....

the reason is more than us guiding you, and stopping mistakes before they happen.....it is also for your mental progress....

Oops, that is definitely a plan of action I will follow. On a side note, I read the thread history of a guy on here named "Scuda" that finished restoring a 20' ProLine very similiar to mine earlier this year - he couldnt have done it without this board, and neither can I.

That is going to be one sweet boat when your done

Lundnisswa ? I live on Pleasure Island in Southeastern North Carolina and a 21? CC is the quintessential boat for diving and offshore fishing.

Before you glass the transom in again, how's about adding a couple extra feet to that hull?

NoKlu ? now that would send me over the edge. :eek: :eek:

BTW - I do intend to use a swim-platform style bracket for the outboard. The square-footage that I will gain using an outboard bracket, combined with the increased fuel efficiency, makes the cost a no brainer. Plus that gained space is actually perfect for the big-as* fish cooler I am going to need. :D

But first thing is first, the measuring and mock-up of a new transom. After reading everyone?s posts, I went to Home Depot last night and bought several large cardboard boxes and a sheet of ?? plywood. I intend to measure and mock up using the cardboard, then cut a second mock up from the cardboard using the ?? sheet of plywood. Once the second mock up is ready, I will post pics and see what everyone thinks.

Regards,

James

83ProLine

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think I'd have left the outer skin no matter how bad it was, it's easier to patch or repair what's already there than to try and adhere new glass to old and make it look right.

Reelfishin - You couldnt be more correct.

For any newbie reading this thread for educational purposes, knowing what I know now, I would have definately left the outer skin. I just didnt know any better.

Regards,

James

Andy in NY

Commander

Reelfishin - You couldnt be more correct.

For any newbie reading this thread for educational purposes, knowing what I know now, I would have definately left the outer skin. I just didnt know any better.

Regards,

James

Dont feel bad, I thought the same thing until I kept seeing pics of it here and they all left the outer skin intact.

j_martin

Admiral

I didn't know you had to remove the inside skin.

Attachments

• 5 chips.jpg
    5 chips.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the inside skin is allways removed unless you are doing a seacast pour.....

the inside skin is just a layer of glass.....grind it out and there is the transom....it makes removal a snap