Still stumped on 2001 90hp bogging down...

svillebrian

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Still stumped on 2001 90hp bogging down...

Did both tests. Pulled the vapor pump off and still had no effect. Also listened to the vro and it started out with the slow clicks but as soon as I gave it some throttle, the clicks became rapid. Looks like time for a new vro pump...

dish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mate well you have isolated the problem.Constant clicking of oms is either air leak in fuel supply or diaphram in fuel side of oms pump.You can rebuild the fuel side of the oms pump.Pull it apart and have a look at the diaphram and check around the housing for air leaks.Run a bead of sealant around the flang can fix a warped case.

svillebrian

Seaman Apprentice

The last one I tried to fix by rebuilding didnt solve the problem. Just a little hesitant of spending the $$ on a rebuild kit, then have to turn around and spend more $$ on a new pump. What I had to do last time. Wish I had saved my old one now since the diaphram was new in it... Know better this time. Think I will just save this one and rebuild it down the road for a spare. Talking to the parts manager at the dealership, he said he has been selling alot of them over the past couple of years. He believes the ethanol in the gas is eating the diaphrams up is the reason. Might be good to have a spare if thats the case!