Still Spending money (new interior pics) !

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer
Folks,

Picked up the bimini today, still have rub rail, and a few other things, left to go.

newBimini.jpg

interiorConsole1.jpg

interiorBatteryCompartments1.jpg

interiorForwardFishingDeck.jpg

Whole Project:
http://www.granvilletech.com/Home/NeversinkRebuild/tabid/53/Default.aspx

Still thanking you all.

Peace.

Ed.

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Still Spending money !

Awesome...did you get that locally or online?

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

Kevin,

Purchased locally, had a friend who works for a dealer have their custom bimini guy do the sewing and the install, about the same price you can get it on-line, it is sunbrella with a boot.

Peace.

Ed.

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer

I see a nice pin stripe the same color as your top running down the lenth of your boat. Lookin' good!

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

8) Looks pretty dam tight there Ed.:/ Although i would say that trailer need's some Chrome rim's wouldn't you................:devil:

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

I keep debating whether to get me one of those or not. Sure would be nice during the summer down here. Might mess with the fishing from the back of my boat though. That is one reason I haven't got one yet I guess.

Yours really looks great. Good job!

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks all.

nefferso,

Here in FLA, either a Bimini or T-top for the center console are almost required, gotta get out of the sun somehow. For me fishing deck is forward at the bow, if they run around the boat, I guess we spin the boat around :)

Most of the time I am drifting through the flats, I am going for multi-purpose instead of straight fishing, had to make some compromises.

Wife is very happy with the boat. Happy wife, happy husband ;)

Peace.

Ed.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

chrome or black rims, like the pin stripe idea. ed you have done a magnificent job, it's taken you a while but ibet you are a very proud boat owner. spending money? it's a boat. break open another thousand.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

I like the pin stripe idea. They are new rims and tires, not sure about that.

Going to Lake Tarpon tomorrow to run last hour of low RPM break in. They should be able to run at WOT, according to break in spec not for more than 5 min at a time. I am still going to take it easy.

Still have a little tuning to do. Just installed fish finder and GPS install, had an old Garmin II, bought a humminbird Matrix 12, with a cable for the NEMA sentances, will see how it all works tomorrow. All wiring is done, need to eat dinner.

Thanks again guys.

Peace.

Ed.

B.M.W II

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks great Ed, I only see one thing that concerns me in the pic. The orange straps that you have over the sides holding the boat to the trailor. If you use them in that way they will wear that nice new finish off. You would be better off hooking them to the tow eyes on the transom than going over the sides. After all your hard work I wouldn't want to see the finish worn off. It looks great. Good luck.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

BMW,

Thanks for the tip, no tow eye's yet, but they are on the list.

Peace.

Ed.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

i can see your neibors center consol behind your boat.you have a realy big bow area , almoast a deck boat.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

bigbad,

He has a great little fishing boat, set up for the flats, it is a Carolina Skif 16' with a Yamaha 90 (I think). LIve well, etc. He is an excellent fisherman. Neighbor across the street has a 21 center console, great for the flats as well.

I could go on, but you have a great point, I wasn't thinking of it in those terms.

Peace.

Ed.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

just making observations . i think its great you have such a huge front bow part, mine is kinda small . i like the deckboats . im hoping to someday own a sea ray deckboat . maybee you can get another bimini for the front part also . . im thinking of getting one for my bow section.id like to see some more interior pictures.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Still Spending money (new interior pics) !

Bigbad,

Just added interior pics to top post. Went with a simple console, still have to add live well switch and aux 12v inputs.

Peace.

Ed.

bigbad 4cyl x2

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow that paint looks good . did you drill the holes for the guages before or after paint . im wondering if the hard paint would flake off. the front bow section on your boat looks different than mine . yours looks more like a fishing style or useable by walking up there.i like it . that motor must fly you around.

bsh21wash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Love the project Ed!! Does need some color on the side though. Keep up the good work.

epresutti

Chief Petty Officer

Bigbad,

Drilled holes after paint, bought new hole saw, paint didn't flake at all (I was surprised), it is the Petit Easypoxy on the interior. Used marine silicone on guage perimiter.

I think I need to resize prop, tached out at 5800 39mph today, 17 pitch, can swing up to a 20, probably going to try that next.

Great cruising at 4000, otherwise fuel gets eaten fast. Used 1/2 tank today (filled up with 36 gallons), went out 3 times, have boat tied at neighbors dock.

bsh21wash,

Thanks, yea I know, getting feedback now from friends, neighbors and wife! Hey it took six years to get this far, gimme a break :()

Peace.

Ed.

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

That sounds about right:

1) Estimate the time it will take to finish a project.

2) Multiply that times 3.

3) Double that. = 6 years d:)

Just kidding. Looks awesome thought. I like the look of all white. I would just put the manufacturers logo back on the sides and call it done.

bsh21wash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya after looking at it more, lookin better and better